Yet Another Jesus Trail Thread

Sita

Bikes
CRF 250, CB500x, Africa Twin XRV 750
This past Sunday Deere led the dirty boys on a rather adventurous trail: The Jesus Trail. It was quite the day, with fog and mist creating some interesting conditions on the trail.

I know that the Jesus Trail is a popular one on the RA forums so many people know where it is or can find a GPX file. However, I'll include my recording just in case.

GPS Track (Komoot)

Youtube Video

We all met up for coffee beforehand, not knowing what the trail had in store for us that day.

IMG_7831.JPG

Photo courtesy of Deere

After a lengthy drive to Mae Wang for another coffee and letting down of the tires, we were off. The rain and mist had forced a few of us, including yours truly, to buy rain jackets from a local Mom 'n' Pop shop.

IMG_7626 Large.jpeg
IMG_7589 Large.jpeg

The trail had some rather steep and rutted sections, requiring a team effort to overcome. Everyone pitched in for the pulling, pushing, cajoling and man-handling of the bikes through these ... technical sections.

IMG_7595 Large.jpeg
IMG_7601 Large.jpeg

That's a Brand-New-Off-The-Dealer-Showroom CRF 300 (with the new color scheme). I think it had 50 km on it before starting the ride today.

IMG_7612 Large.jpeg
IMG_7610 Large.jpeg

While only 18km, it took us 4+ hours to cover the distance.

320434919_3405136636410437_6725637646554086630_n.jpg

Good thing I bought the jacket. Pushing bikes through the mud is a dirty business.

IMG_7644 Large.jpeg
IMG_7628 Large.jpeg

Resting after a particularly challenging section.

IMG_7661 Large.jpeg
IMG_7711 Large.jpeg

Our tires quickly became completely with mud, making the red clay feel like glass.

IMG_7687 Large.jpeg

Uh oh. A field-repair in action. After a fall, the handle bar extenders on one of the bikes snapped.

IMG_7825.JPG

After a bit of a rocky climb, I took a spill down the hillside. Don't worry, the thorny branches caught me from falling further.

IMG_7822.JPG

Jeez, can't this guy keep his bike on the ground?

IMG_7814 Large.jpeg

At the end of the day we all gathered round the camp fire for "lunch" at 4:30pm. Pad Gra Pow never tasted so good.

Wow Sita, you've done it again!
Roll out the superlatives.
Add a numerical one: 100%.

Wet clay. My nemesis!
Good group of riders there and extra good to have Khun Deere on your team (I know!)

The brand new CRF.
Is the rider the owner or did he rent?
Looks like it/they handled the challenge well.
Or is it now for sale? (joke)

Thanks 2wheels!

Whew, that red clay would get in our tire treads, making traction nearly impossible. Multiple falls (not all captured on video) thanks to that stuff. It felt like riding on glass at time.

The rider did great on his new CRF (he's the owner), though he did immediately take it to a garage for some tweaks (grease the chain, tighten the suspension) afterwards.

This past Sunday Deere led the dirty boys on a rather adventurous trail: The Jesus Trail. It was quite the day, with fog and mist creating some interesting conditions on the trail.

I know that the Jesus Trail is a popular one on the RA forums so many people know where it is or can find a GPX file. However, I'll include my recording just in case.

GPS Track (Komoot)

Youtube Video

We all met up for coffee beforehand, not knowing what the trail had in store for us that day.

View attachment 90553
Photo courtesy of Deere

After a lengthy drive to Mae Wang for another coffee and letting down of the tires, we were off. The rain and mist had forced a few of us, including yours truly, to buy rain jackets from a local Mom 'n' Pop shop.

View attachment 90554View attachment 90555

The trail had some rather steep and rutted sections, requiring a team effort to overcome. Everyone pitched in for the pulling, pushing, cajoling and man-handling of the bikes through these ... technical sections.

View attachment 90556View attachment 90557

That's a Brand-New-Off-The-Dealer-Showroom CRF 300 (with the new color scheme). I think it had 50 km on it before starting the ride today.

View attachment 90558View attachment 90559

While only 18km, it took us 4+ hours to cover the distance.

View attachment 90560
Good thing I bought the jacket. Pushing bikes through the mud is a dirty business.

View attachment 90561View attachment 90562
Resting after a particularly challenging section.

View attachment 90563View attachment 90564
Our tires quickly became completely with mud, making the red clay feel like glass.

View attachment 90565
Uh oh. A field-repair in action. After a fall, the handle bar extenders on one of the bikes snapped.

View attachment 90566
After a bit of a rocky climb, I took a spill down the hillside. Don't worry, the thorny branches caught me from falling further.

View attachment 90567
Jeez, can't this guy keep his bike on the ground?

View attachment 90568

At the end of the day we all gathered round the camp fire for "lunch" at 4:30pm. Pad Gra Pow never tasted so good.
Awesome video and photo guys.

Back
Top Bottom