Yamaha WRF 450 VS Aprilia RSV4 VS Ducati Street

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Soiler alert, the WR (equipped with a 480 kit) is the fastest on every track / road except on a fast closed track.

That settles the debate we had a while back about what would be the fastest bike up Doi Suthep.

It`s a bit hard to take any of that clip seriously 55

But on a medium speed closed uphill tar closed circuit (as suggested in the thread) i don`t think the outcome would be that cut and dried. From the track footage the big road bikes had it all over the 450 on the road race track were the corners were fast and smooth.

Only way to do it is with the same rider doing a timed run on both bikes so as to eliminate rider ability difference and while there`s no other traffic on it.

I`m with Luke as he`s had a lot of experience with both but the R1 would have have the suspension set up properly and some sticky tyres on it.

It`s a bit hard to take any of that clip seriously 55

But on a medium speed closed uphill tar closed circuit (as suggested in the thread) i don`t think the outcome would be that cut and dried. From the track footage the big road bikes had it all over the 450 on the road race track were the corners were fast and smooth.

Only way to do it is with the same rider doing a timed run on both bikes so as to eliminate rider ability difference and while there`s no other traffic on it.

I`m with Luke as he`s had a lot of experience with both but the R1 would have have the suspension set up properly and some sticky tyres on it.

Actually they joke a lot in the video footage, but the total is over 2700km and as the guy on the Ducati said in the twisty roads, "how did you take more than 1 minute on us on that pass".

To me it seems more than clear who is the winner on anything that is not a very fast track, especially on the thai twisty roads.

Back
Top Bottom