Wrist Armour Protectors

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Since my recent fall i have invest in some snowboarding wrist armour after recommendations by Chris, bought them from E Bay come as a pair, a little difficult to ride with at first but if you have foam grips it helps.

DAKINE SKIING / SNOWBOARDING WRIST GUARDS PROTECTION SNOW BOARDING X LARGE | eBay

IMG_3133.jpg IMG_3134.jpg

I have broken one wrist 4 times (once minor compounded) and the other twice, so am fairly leery of wrist injury's.. That said, I simply cant ride in these kind of skate centric wrist protectors.. They dont allow me to get any kind of throttle or bar grip, throttle control, or wrist movement required. I feel they are more likely to make me crash than save me.

If it works for you then fair play, just doesnt work for me.. I just try to remember not to reflexively stick your arm out for a save and the old 'go loose' as you go down.

It will allow you back on the Bike quicker I suspect and that can only be a good thing.
I think for longer term use when the wrist has fully recovered you'd be better off with something like the EVS WB01 wrist brace, It's designed for motorbikes rather than Skiing and according to reviews doesn't restrict bar grip and throttle control and can be used with any Glove

Thats an interesting alternative from EVS..

Six breaks LOS, ever thought about stabilizers :cripple:

I did look at other alternatives inc the EVS, but for the money and the level of protection to the palm and wrist area at this stage it is a wise choice.

Yeah that wasnt all on bikes.. Scrapping (a few of them), trying to do the jumps at a dry ski slope my first day on it, playing in shopping trollys, leaping from trees on dares, usual kids stuff.

Me and my brother broke so many bones the local hospital knew us by name.. One time they took my old man off to 'sign some forms' and were all.. 'So you can tell us, how did it really happen' etc.. I considered breaking down in tears and making up I got beaten at home for the windup but it might have got out of control.

I doesn't look like the EVS and the snow boarding protectors do do all the same things... The EVS are mostly to protect against hyperextension and support post-injury. (link) The snowboarding wrist protectors do that but will also take out more of the palm impact that breaks wrists or travels up your forearm bones and break your elbow. I've bust both before - wrist, while snowboarding and elbow via a palm impact coming off bike.

With the right foam grips (which I like anyway - reduce shocks/vibration and forearm 'pump' a bit) they don't bother me at all. Can understand how some might not like them though.... Think mine cost me 8 GBP in sales.

I've used something similar but not on a bike. I can see how with foam grips they would be manageable.
Wrist protection seems an area we neglect offroad when you compare to good Road gloves.
Thanks for posting.

Which gloves are you wearing over the wrist armor? It looks like your choices will be a bit limited.

Which gloves are you wearing over the wrist armor? It looks like your choices will be a bit limited.

For the ones I use (see 1st pic), just bigger sized normal MX style gloves over the top.

I use wrist braces but beware they can cause loss of feeling, bad circulation and pins and needles if too tight make certain you have correct fitting

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Bike Talk 2