Would be grateful for some help with Garmin Zümo 590

jon_gunnar

Bikes
Yamaha MT-10 / Kawasaki Versys 650ABS 2018
I got this device and downloaded the last Nightrider osm map via the link here in this forum.

Placed the file in garmin folder located at the root of the SD card. Started up and no joy.

Do the file need a renaming or is it something else I have missed? Looked in myMaps on the device and it's not there.

My unit refuses to connect to a computer, so I had hoped I could use this method to get an updated map.

Would be grateful if anyone could give me some directions here.

I had the same problem. The first thing to check, is make sure you don't have any other OSM maps downloaded inside the Garmin folder on the SD card as there will be a conflict of file names.

Try that first and let us know how you get on.

I had the same problem. The first thing to check, is make sure you don't have any other OSM maps downloaded inside the Garmin folder on the SD card as there will be a conflict of file names.

Try that first and let us know how you get on.

I checked and the only thing beside the map is a folder with a few saved tracks.
In the internal memory I got the pre-installed maps for Europe / World and the SE Asia map bought from Garmin in download version.

Took some screenshots to be sure.

Attachments

• 20171001_214032.jpg
    20171001_214032.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Screenshot from 2017-10-01 21-45-29-ed.png
    Screenshot from 2017-10-01 21-45-29-ed.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot from 2017-10-01 21-45-40-ed.png
    Screenshot from 2017-10-01 21-45-40-ed.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 277
Make sure that you download the right map - the one to use is: Download map suited for newer GPS units. The roads are not styled. This will give you: http: se_asia_osm.img. Copy this map to the Garmin folder on your GPS

Make sure that you download the right map - the one to use is: Download map suited for newer GPS units. The roads are not styled. This will give you: http: se_asia_osm.img. Copy this map to the Garmin folder on your GPS

I had downloaded the correct file. But it had been corrupted, in transmission or else I don't know.
Downloaded again and the file size differed, loaded onto the SD card and it came up nicely.

I should have been thinking about trying this myself before crying out for help.

Thanks to both of you KTMphil and Lone Rider. :vee:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels GPS - Help and Discussion 0