World Superbikes in India 2013

By WSBK desk

World Superbikes will expand further next season as it today signed a deal to add the Indian Buddh International Circuit to the 2013 calendar and beating MotoGP to what could be a significant and profitable venue.

Bikesportnews.com speculated some time ago that the Hermann Tilke-designed track could be on Carmelo Ezpeleta's hitlist in the near future, but WSBK boss Paolo Flammini has trumped his old adversary and got in there first, adding another new country to his list.

“The inclusion of the Indian round in the 2013 FIM Superbike World Championship calendar represents a great achievement for our series and reflects our continuous target to further extend its international presence. India today is one of the most important motorcycle markets in the world, not only in terms of existing bike sales numbers but also growth and the upgrading of the range offered to the consumer. Undoubtedly the inclusion of this event will greatly benefit all the protagonists of our series and will create significant added value for the motorcycle manufacturers," said Flammini.

7232-art.jpg

Lets hope they change their commentary team asap.
That Jonathan Green is a nightmare.
He screams into the mic, he talks over his colleague, he is often just plain wrong.
Whilst he seems to wear the mic inside his throat, his partner (Steve Martin), who seems to know what he's actually talking about, sounds like his mic is down in his boots.
SBKs deserves much better that this. Probably the most thrilling racing on TV is being spoiled by Mr Green'm manic commentary style.
There, got that off my chest.

LOL, I know exactly what you mean 2wheels, actually both of them used to drive me round the bend listening to there bickering and interrupting of each other, however now I just find it pretty funny, in any way it cant take away from what is pretty great racing at the moment in that series, barring mr.biaggi's performance's yesterday of course!

Back
Top Bottom