WORLD RIDE TO WORK DAY June 20, 2022

DrGMIA

Pit stop after 6th ride around the world, in USA,
Bikes
Oldest 1931, newest 2016, numerous makes and models in between on several continents
In the spirit of motorcycling to work, viability of motorcyclists and some fun, the 2022 Ride To Work Day is slated for June 20, 2022.
Ride To Work June 20 2020.png

Personally, I'm incorporating a leg of The Great 'RTW Motorcycle Adventure Rally, called "Looking for America," a 1,700 kilometer ride to the world HQ for Ride to Work Day, Aerostich Designs, in Duluth, Minnesota. More here on some of the global adventures, mostly urban adventure riding: www.ridetowork.org

Dr. G
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant, and motorcycle wastrel
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

I'm planning to walk to work that day... but I do ride most days.

Khun Bigfella:

I'm doing a short day June 20, only about 200 kilometers, to arrive at Ride To Work Day HQ noonish for photo ops, schmoozing, and a book signing. In the spirit of Rider's Corner, I'll wear the globally famous riding jersey seen in the photo below, and add an extra 40 kilometers of riding to make up for your walk-to-work, making it a round number of 240 kilometers. Maybe a good lotto # to try that day?

Rider's Corner.JPG

Dr. G
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University

Fantastic.

1,000,000 more motorcycles on the road for the day, according to RTWD central:

"This year’s 31st annual worldwide Ride to Work Day may be one of the largest-ever, according to Ride to Work, the non-profit organization coordinating this annual event. Each year on this day more of America’s 8,000,000 + motorcycles and scooters are ridden for practical and useful transportation. Estimates put the global number of additional motorcyclists on the road at 1,000,000 or more."

Photo is of a motorcyclist in Java who rode his motorcycle to work, literally, as he worked off the back selling clothing, a rolling clothing store.
Ride with work.jpg

Dr. G

Back
Top Bottom