Why Isle of Man? (good 12 min doc)

Great video, having been to the TT five times i can confirm it is indeed a scary place, four of the five in the torrential rain which adds to the fun...another although way smaller event is the Oliver's Mount Gold Cup, which is held in Scarborough. Having entered the event several times i can say it probably one of the narrowest race tracks in the the world, these day's attracting some bigger names :lost

[video=youtube_share;v35GEZvzt_w]http://youtu.be/v35GEZvzt_w[/video]

The TT's on my Bucketlist Bob; and I'll take plenty of wet weather gear!

Good one. Thanks Ron

Nice little trip for Skaifey.

Will probably never get to go to an IoM event but did make it to a Bathurst bike TT mid 80`s.
Bit of an eye opener with some great entertainment put on by the Police Riot Squad and the crowd after the racing was finished.

Great doco.I went in 1997 and absolutely loved every minute.I think the next time i travel for the bike races will be the island classic (aust vs nz,uk and usa) which happens to be on this weekend.Maybe next year.
Phillip Island Circuit - Home

^ saw that the Island Classic was this weekend. Would love to make it down there one year.Troy Bayliss Classic was last weekend too which the host Troy won.

They have an International teams event these days,UK,US and NZ with likes of McGuinness and McWilliams attending.

Shawn Giles smashed the lap record for the old bangers on a `82 1200 Suzuki last year with a time close to what Gadner did at the first GP there.

classic-racing-shawn-giles-suzuki.jpg

Back
Top Bottom