Where to next? Taiwan or Sri Lanka?

Joko_Londo

Bikes
Kenbo 125
I just finished up a wonderful tour of New Zealand (videos coming soon), and it's time to start thinking about where I'm going to go for my 3 weeks off in April. The shortlist:
1. Vietnam (buy a motorbike in the north, sell it in the south)
2. Sri Lanka (loop around the island)
3. Taiwan (loop around the island)
4. East Nusa Tenggara (Lombok-Flores-Sumba-Sumbawa)
5. Yunnan Province, China

If you got to go to one of these places, which would you chose and why?

What a dilemma!!

Sri Lanka because we see nearly nothing about riding there.

Sri Lanka for the food, apart from the food Sri Lanka would be my chice anyway

The southeastern islands of Indonesia are great. And much much less infected with traffic compared to the major islands.
But I have been there myself so I would like to see a tripreport from any of the other alternatives.... lol

I know a guy who rents out 125 cc Honda scooters on Lombok in case you go there.

I think Sri Lanka is going to be the winner here, and I've already been sending out inquiries to a couple rental agencies.

One of them sent me a document describing multiple options about how to validate an IDP to make it legal in Sri Lanka. I found their "Option 3" somewhat amusing.

We are not able to say that this is professional. But some tourists ride or drive in Sri Lanka without any legal documents at their own risk and return safely without any problems. Foreigners are rarely checked. If such a foreigner gets caught to police while driving he is not arrested, No legal action is taken. The tourists are given priority. So that they can negotiate and be happy to help each other as usual. Also if a foreigner speaks non English, it helps to get rid of them easily. There is no Insurance cover & no responsibility from us at all for this option.

I'm not sure what they mean by "foreigner speaks non English" but I guess they're suggesting that if you get stopped, pretend you're Italian or something.

Back
Top Bottom