Where can I buy a good full-face helmet?

Changnoi1

Bikes
Kawasaki Z250
After more as 5 months recovering of a broken shoulder (still not even 90% ok) I am ready for a bit of motorbike riding again (psst my wife does not know). But I need a new helmet. Here in Khon Kaen you can buy cheap shit helmets or bloody expensive Arai helmets.

So does anyone know where i can buy a full face helmet (light weight) with internal sun-visor?
In Bangkok, Khon Kaen or Udon Thani. And within a normal price range (I think 27.000 Thai baht for a helmet is silly).

I have been to Panda Rider in BKK .... too expensive/heavy or no internal sun-visor.
I have been to Paddock and Dirtshop but same as at Panda Rider.
I have been to Honda Big Wing and Kawasaki Big Bike in Pattaya .... same same and not different.

A while ago I did see some nice AGV helmets (Asian specification) that did look good and not too expensive, but it seems they can officially not be sold here because there are not Thai approved (Thai mafia practice to support the Thai brands).

Did you look at the Schuberths in Panda? Looking at around 20K with the member's discount but good, solid helmets. The high viz S2 is a 2013 helmet but is a safe choice for your head. I paid 13K for my Nolan 104 EVO with an internal sun visor from the Dirtshop, but it's a flip up.

I'm currently looking at the Shark Explore R helmet EXPLORE-R Carbon Silver Black Explore-R SHARK Discovery Division SHARK-HELMETS - FRANCE FRANCE - English

Check this website for Thai suppliers Sylvangsupply Co., Ltd.

In street mode it uses a visor and sun visor but also comes with goggles and a Enduro style peak.

Yes I have seen the Schubert helmets at Panda .... a bit heavy and too expensive for my taste ... I mean Thai-overpriced.

NightRider I think I have been to that shop in Pattaya ... I am not a fan of Index helmets .... and I think the shop is actually on the other side of the street as on OSM.

Yes I have seen the Schubert helmets at Panda .... a bit heavy and too expensive for my taste ... I mean Thai-overpriced.

NightRider I think I have been to that shop in Pattaya ... I am not a fan of Index helmets .... and I think the shop is actually on the other side of the street as on OSM.

If you don't want to pay foreign prices then take at look at Real helmets, they are Thai. The Bravo has a sun visor, less than 2.5K Full Face : Real-helmets.com

NightRider70 : Ok That is another shop, but opposite of Buffalo Bar is a new shop that sells also helmets.
GraigBKK : I think there should be a in-between of cheap 2500 Thai baht helmet and a over-priced 25.000 Thai baht helmet. My previous helmet was JS2 for 8000 Thai baht.

NightRider70 : Ok That is another shop, but opposite of Buffalo Bar is a new shop that sells also helmets.
GraigBKK : I think there should be a in-between of cheap 2500 Thai baht helmet and a over-priced 25.000 Thai baht helmet. My previous helmet was JS2 for 8000 Thai baht.

25K is expensive I agree, but over-priced? Users of an Arai or Schuberth tend to swear by them. What price for your head?

Shark Speed-R go for around 11K and have a sun visor, pin lock etc. Respected French brand, maybe in that middle ground that you are looking for

Shark Speed-R by BKKspeed - BKKspeed : Inspired by LnwShop.com

Tell us what you end up buying.

So yesterday I was in BKK and my first shop of choice was BKKspeed in China Town (bloody small soi, difficult to find). Small shops also but with a good range of helmets (HJC, Arai, AGV and Shark). Different models and all sizes in stock. The staff (owner) is a friendly young chap who speaks very good English and most of all he know what he is selling. He seems to be straightforward about the quality and make of the products he sells. The also sell jackets, gloves, etc. They also have a shop in Pinklao.

So I bought a Shark Speed-R with Carbon outer shell, about 100gr lighter as the normal Speed-R. It has internal sun-visor and is easy for people wearing glasses. I did not yet ride with it, will do that this afternoon I hope.

Helcap offer a wide range of Helmets in both DOT Approved and Non DOT segment such as, Half Helmet, Novelty Half Helmet, Baseball Cap Helmet. All Helcap products give a rider elegance and fashionable look with head gear safety...:)

Back
Top Bottom