WFR Course in Chiang Mai

markinthailand

Bikes
CB500X
All:

Been reading the forum for awhile (I mostly post over at ADV), but wanted to let folks know that this is going to be a WFR (Wilderness First Responder) course/Travel Medicine First Responder in Chiang Mai next week (Feb. 1-8). We're hosting it, and two instructors are flying out from the US to do. The cost is $600 and a 3 year certification. We don't make money on the course, but it is cheaper than me flying my instructors to the US or Australia for the course. I wanted to let people in the riding community know about it, since if it all hits the fan this is a very helpful set of skills to have.

More info here: www.isdsi.org/wfr

Sorry for the late notice, but wanted to let you know about it. Let me know if you've got any questions.

-Mark

(Mods, please move it you need to. Thanks!)

Sorry, just saw this. A long time ago when I still lived in the Netherlands I was a certified First Aid Responder (EHBO) but that lapsed a long time ago. Would have been interested to join in your course but unfortunately I have other commitments already for early February. Anyway, I hope that your course is succesfull and that it will be repeated in the near future as there clearly is a need for qualified first responders not only in Thailand but in the neighbouring countries as well.

Thanks Lone Rider. Yes, we'll be doing this again in the future I hope. We're talking with WMA about it, and I could see the course including some practical work on what sort of first aid kit motorcyclists should carry, etc.

Back
Top Bottom