Wat Mae Kaet Noi

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
N18 52.682
E99 02.193
Thanks to Jeff Pike (Pikey) of Tony's Big Bike in Chiang Mai, an excellent source of all sorts of interesting places, I found this place I have been meaning to visit for at least a couple of years.

The temple is on the corner of the old San Sai (old 1001) & Ban Mae Du Road in a village called Mae Kaet, near Mae Jo.

I will let the photos do the talking except to say that if you look at the 'art work' in context, there is a bit of a moral / story to be seen albeit tenuous at times. This place is definitely for the bloody minded and perhaps strong stomach folks. If you slip a coin in the various strategically placed power boxes, the lights in all sorts of orifices & cavities would illuminate. I got there at 17:30 & the light was going fast but the monks were still sweeping up so I stayed till 18:15 & they locked the gate after I left.

_DSC8920.jpg_DSC8937.jpg_DSC8933.jpg_DSC8932.jpg_DSC8931.jpg_DSC8929.jpg_DSC8926.jpg_DSC8925.jpg_DSC8923.jpg_DSC8922.jpg_DSC8921.jpg_DSC8938.jpg

esspressolungo

Bikes
Honda XR 250
Amazing i love the art work, this is remarkable for thailand and very brave....want to see this temple

2wheels

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda Rebel 500
OMG.
I promise to be a good boy for the rest of my life.
Thanks for the warnings Ally!

2wheels

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda Rebel 500
If you slip a coin in the various strategically placed power boxes, the lights in all sorts of orifices & cavities would illuminate
A bit like a venue I once went to in Bangkok.

helbob

:toilet ola la 18+ pics ;-). Never saw this temple, but next time i will visit it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Humorous Photos 0