Wanted: Kawasaki KLX 140

garethw

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
Does anyone know of a KLX 140 for sale, not the taller L version but the standard small one.

My wife spent almost 3 hours this morning riding one and appears to have been bitten by the dirt bug. Firstly she was shown how to ride a manual gearbox bike with a few tips on sitting, standing up and cornering, then out for 2.5 hours on dirt tracks. Not fast but a steady old pace, only 1 fall where she lost balance in some sand, up and down a few rocky sections and bit of a hill.

At the end she took her helmet off with a beaming smile and said "I want one".

Being vertically challenged at 5 foot the 140 fitted her well.

Cheers

Theres a little TG I know who also would be very into one.. Either a 140 or one of these KLX150s.

If she didnt recently crash a car it would be high on the list but I reckon theres a bit more penance to pay first.

I've looked at the new 150's and personally I think the 140 looks better made, and I think (might be wrong) but lighter.

Just spoke to Mr Rossi who lives in Mae Rim, Chiang Mai - he might sell one -- ill pm you his email.

garethw said:
I've looked at the new 150's and personally I think the 140 looks better made, and I think (might be wrong) but lighter.

Yep, lighter, better spec and may well be better made. But can't get a book for it.

Seat height wise, they all go up a bit from the 140(780) to 140L(800) to 150(830) if you check bikez.com (150 same height as 125 listed) - all have different shocks.

crs said:
garethw said:

Yep, lighter, better spec and may well be better made. But can't get a book for it.

Seat height wise, they all go up a bit from the 140(780) to 140L(800) to 150(830) if you check bikez.com (150 same height as 125 listed) - all have different shocks.

Not that fussed about no book, she'll only ever use it off road. One of the reasons for looking for a 140 is the low seat height.

Bike was delivered to my house today at 1pm by Trac Express. By 1.20 she's dressed and ready to go. 3 hours of mud, sand, puddles and rocks we get back home with 1 mud splattered and very happy wife, and asking if we can go again tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom