wanted 2010 or newer plated MX 450

Travis

Bikes
crf 450r
im needing a wr, crf, or similar 450. ill be in the bankok area for the mxgp at the beginning of march and then i will be in chiag mai in april. drop me a line if you have a 450 for sale and your looking to get rid of it. thanks na happy trails

travismamone@yahoo.com

im needing a wr, crf, or similar 450. ill be in the bankok area for the mxgp at the beginning of march and then i will be in chiag mai in april. drop me a line if you have a 450 for sale and your looking to get rid of it. thanks na happy trails

travismamone@yahoo.com

A plated MX bike? Good luck with that.

A few plated WR's around though.

HIGHLY unlikely.. Never seen a plated real MX bike, theres simply no economics in doing so..

Possibly WR.. Tho cant see any competitive MX riding on one.

WR 450 with one set motard wheels and one set off road wheels would be perfect. if you know of someone looking to sale let me know.

WR would be perfect with one set of motard and one set of off road wheels. if you know of anyone trying to offload one drop me a line :)

Any of the MX Husaberg's from the new agent plated?

Those are enduro spec bikes no ??

The CRF450 isnt plateable from Honda..

WR 450 with one set motard wheels and one set off road wheels would be perfect. if you know of someone looking to sale let me know.

Shame johnny decided to keep his.. Thats his spec.

I take it your not riding in the MX then ?? You just need an offroad bike not an MX bike ?? If so husabergs would work.. But bikes like this with plates, your aware of the kind of price range ??

yes an off road bike will work fine for me but I'm needing a 450. i know bikes are expensive in comparison to home but I'm not 100% sure on what the pricing is. I'm willing to spend a little more if it has the right set up. later down the road i will import some mx bikes from the states for track and trails but for now I'm needing a street legal bike and legit papers already in thailand.

The problem is the plate.. As many who would use a real enduro spec dirtbike would skip the plate and budget on paying fines (a legal plate will run maybe 120k THB at best) as its use profile is not for urban areas.. I realize that doesnt fit a tour plan but thats the facts we live with.

A high quality dirtbike (wr450 example) in clean condition with a legal Thai plate ?? Est 300 - 400 really. IF you can find one.. Same bike no plate ?? maybe 200 ish.. IIRC jonnys setup (fully legal and all the best bits) was being asked at around 380 ??

Of course you could find a heavy old DRZ for 150 ish.. Or you could find a non Thai plated bike, on temp import for much cheaper.. Thats IF you could find one.

You could probably get the same WR450, on a cambodian plate at 5 - 7k USD.

What your asking for really is a rarity.. Not that it cant happen, but to make it happen on time with a tour ?? Cheaper to fly an existing bike in on temporary import IMO.

I'm going to keep the bike at my place in thailand, if friends want to come visit and do a short trip they can just rent the CRF 250L. the DRZ is to heavy for my liking. i know a good enduro is a rarity but I'm not going to loose faith yet. the wr450 that was for sale on this site is exactly what i want. i wish he was willing to sell it. do you know of any other good places to look for bikes in thailand other than baht sold?

ThaiVisa classifieds.. Here.. GT-R..

Phuket gazette ???

Shame johnny decided to keep his.. Thats his spec.

I take it your not riding in the MX then ?? You just need an offroad bike not an MX bike ?? If so husabergs would work.. But bikes like this with plates, your aware of the kind of price range ??

Husaberg shop is saying that they can provide the papers, but when I was about ready to make a order, I wanted to be sure about the registration. They said, they can supply import papers (with tax & customs paid), but real registration with green book is not possible. At least not from the 88 performance.

unsure which one on facebook I talked to.. But he was adamant he was able to provide green books.. Will dig.

450k baht for a TE300, wow so a plate would be around 120k baht, and that's for a < 400cc (if I remember correctly, over 400cc the taxes are much more expensive).

I also heard from thai people dealing with bikes that it is NOT possible to get plates on an imported bike since begin of 2014. What Johnny did this for his WR450 is not possible any more. It is even not possible to get plates back for a bike that didn't pay the tax for more than x years (don't know how many).

I would not even try to get plates for a enduro bike unless you are willing to pay a lot of money (is it worth it? In the north of Thailand you will never get fined as long as you are not riding in town during the police control hours).

As for MX bikes, I've never seen a plated MX bike anywhere in the world unless heavily modified with headlight, mirrors...

so i guess the question is…. if I'm riding an unplated bike and get stopped on the way to the mountains what happens?? is it just a ticket or will they take the bike for not having plates?

I was told saturday by the guy in with the MX shop here, who used to get tax ec for these bikes, that it is not a problem for anyone at the moment.
And that should you wish to pay tax on bike, it would now cost you 30% of the value of the bike

I was told saturday by the guy in with the MX shop here, who used to get tax ec for these bikes, that it is not a problem for anyone at the moment.
And that should you wish to pay tax on bike, it would now cost you 30% of the value of the bike

how do they determine the value of the bike?

So apparently the law changes every few days... I was told by 2 of those tax guys (Nae and a friend of my mechanic) a few weeks ago when I asked for my Husky. They said impossible, it's not even a money matter.

It's probably not worth the value I guess. Better put a fake plate on it or no plate at all.

^ sounds like Alex is talking about Excise Tax?

Interesting KTM SX.. If you didnt find anything.. Unplated but fitting the rest of the spec.

ha.. Comedy gold..

Really should pay more attention huh ??

lol yes i got the bike i was asking for but have come to realize its the wrong setup for the riding thats taking place here in chiang mai. its a very clean strong 450 but gets to hot on the tight single tracks. great bike if i could get the room to open her up a little bit. is unbelievable how clean the bike is for being a 2008. she has been taken care of for sure.

lol yes i got the bike i was asking for but have come to realize its the wrong setup for the riding thats taking place here in chiang mai. its a very clean strong 450 but gets to hot on the tight single tracks. great bike if i could get the room to open her up a little bit. is unbelievable how clean the bike is for being a 2008. she has been taken care of for sure.

So what's next?

The WR 250's seem to be regarded as pretty good here.

In saying that i had my KDX out last week on some trails i've done plenty of times before and found i was taking it easy in 2nd and 3rd gear in places i'd usually be flat out in 4th because of the layer of slippery leaves ATM that are also hiding the ruts and bumps.

So if you're new around here the present conditions may not be giving a true indication of what it's really like.

ya i found myself and the bike over heating on the trails due to lack of movement. the ruts and leave had me on my ass a few times as well. I'm sure it will take some time to get familiar with the riding style here but never the less its a good time. i had the chance to ride Darren's 300 2 stroke and it felt really nice. if I'm able to sell the 450 and save up a little more cash i think i will go with the ktm 300 xc-w or similar.

if I'm able to sell the 450 and save up a little more cash i think i will go with the ktm 300 xc-w or similar.

I think its near to the perfect bike for the conditions here..

I also think for the really tight stuff the freeride seems a really interesting option, but for general purpose those 300s seem such great all rounders.

I think its near to the perfect bike for the conditions here..

I also think for the really tight stuff the freeride seems a really interesting option, but for general purpose those 300s seem such great all rounders.

Nonsense, the 200 is miles better :D

Back
Top Bottom