Want to know if members in this forum have a CFMoto 650 NK

CFMotochief

Bikes
CFMoto 650 NK, 2019 Model
Hi all, I have a CFMoto 650 NK, 2019 model and I have just bought this motorcycle in Pakchong Thailand. I have run the bike 3100 km since the end of October last year.
For some days ago I have a warning that the cooling temp. was blinking, I stop the engine immediately and wait until the engine have cooled down and checked first the water level in the water expansion tank and the level was ok, between high and low. I start the engine again and when the temp. reach 96 deg. C. the electrical cooling fan should start but doesn't and the temp. rise near 100 deg. c. and I stop the engine.
I know that it could be something with the sensor or thermal relay that could be something wrong with since I have a background as marine engineer, I call the service centre in Pakchong(It was my wife who talks because I can't speak Thai ) and I should come with the bike to the service centre for taking a look, it was not so long distance so I keep an eye at the temp. on my bike but the temp. come to 85 only when I come to the service centre.
The day after they call me to come and get the bike and they found the electric wire, two pcs. was gone out from their connection, If someone have had this fault or likely fault It could be nice to hear from other bikers that have the same brand as me

Been ridding CFmoto bikes for the last 11 years in China
Had the
CFMOTO TR 650
CFMOTO TRG 650
CFMOTO MT 650
ALL WITH THE SAME ENGINE AS YOUR.

My last bike the MT had a,temperature readout
And on a fast run would go up to 113c no problem.

Now the outside tempted plays a big part on the running temperature

Here in Thailand it now about 32c day and up north can drop down to 16c nigth time .
So at a 100c day time running is IMO not that high.

I would exspect town riding for the engine to sit about 85c
And on a,fast run well over 100c .

Best of luck

Been ridding CFmoto bikes for the last 11 years in China
Had the
CFMOTO TR 650
CFMOTO TRG 650
CFMOTO MT 650
ALL WITH THE SAME ENGINE AS YOUR.

My last bike the MT had a,temperature readout
And on a fast run would go up to 113c no problem.

Now the outside tempted plays a big part on the running temperature

Here in Thailand it now about 32c day and up north can drop down to 16c nigth time .
So at a 100c day time running is IMO not that high.

I would exspect town riding for the engine to sit about 85c
And on a,fast run well over 100c .

Best of luck

Thanks for take time to answer my question, so you have ride CFMOto for about 11 years and then you have a lot of experiences about this bike I think.
Did you know what is regulate the start/stop of cooling water radiator fan ?

The cooling water temp. over 100 deg. cels. is quit much since I have learn from my engineering school that if cooling water in a engine come as high that it reach the cocking temp. (99/100 deg.C. ) then the oil in the engine lost the viscosity (lubricity) and can in worst senario damage the engine.

But I think you have run this engines over 100 deg. cel. for a long period and you have not have problem with the engines ?, so I can realax and not be worrie about this high cooling water temp. ?

My motorcycle (bigbike) CFMoto 650 NK is regulate by electric cooling fan (same as a car) and the fan start at 96 deg. c. and stop at 90 deg. c. and it works very good for my bike only I have this fault for some days ago that the el-wire disconnect for some unknown reason. But this have been fixed at service center here I live in Pakchong. It's Honda dealer here in Pakchong so sell this CFMoto.

I'm very satisfied with the motorcycle so far, but I have only have this bike for almost 3 month now and have ride 3100 km so far.

I have anothe question for you since you know this motorcycle very well, and that is if you know the weaknesses such as m,otor / electrical or wheel parts etc. ? it could be interesting to know in the future , thanks a lot and have a nice day and ride safe ut there in North Thailand:)

Back
Top Bottom