Visability: Fullface, motoX, Openface?

Maoser

I use a full-face for highway and out of city trips.

I use an open-face (with facemask) for the city due to visibility.

When I put on the fullface it's like looking through a letterbox. I much prefer the full visibility of the open face for the city as I can see so much compared to a fullface.

However... for keeping my chin and jaw intact during a trip along the asphalt, I would be interested in some sort of fullface protection without losing so much visibility (itself being a danger in the city).

Enter the Motor Cross helmets.

I've never put one on, do they offer much better visibility than a standard Full-Face one?

Bravo_GP_KY_side.png

2.png

Is the difference in visibility noticeable?

Thanks.

Sorry about the size of the pics. :D

HM03606307300-01.png

Looks like a good idea for Thailand city riding - sun shade above the eyes. :D bigger area around the mouth to help get hot polluted air moving around the mouth area.

And it looks like better visibility compared to a standard full-face.

^ Really? Wow, okay. Looks like you would have more vision of what's under/to the side of you (mirrors etc.)

One of my favorite helmets is a Real Drift good visibility and helmet strap mechanism, the visor is very useful for riding late in the day as the sun drop's

The field of vision is equal if not better than most standard full face helmets. The LS2 motard style touring helmet offers even more but has D ring straps as against the Real helmet ratchet strap both are similar in price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One of my favorite helmets is a Real Drift good visibility and helmet strap mechanism, the visor is very useful for riding late in the day as the sun drop's

That`s good to hear, because I`m planning to buy the Drift S myself :p

I have currently this model from Real, and I mainly bought it because of better visibility than a full face helmet. But I now feel the need to protect my face too....

HM03504304300-03.png

^ I use the same one for when riding in the city. A fullface for when touring.

I tried on one of the Real moto-x helmets yesterday and it only seem marginally better than the full-face for periphial vision. :(

Hows the drift S for wind noise? I'm currently using the first generation Arai Tour Cross and its terrible for wind noise so looking at getting a new helmet as the arai has past its sell by date now anyway so overdue for replacement.

It's pretty good i would say it's equal to the Arai at around 3,500 it's hard to beat, the liner comes out easily for washing too. If wind noise is an issue then ear plugs would solve that problem, been wearing mine daily for three years now and no complaints.

thanks bob, will go take a look tomorrow as local shop has some in, will see if he'll let me try it on and go for a quick blast, reason about wind noise is not so much when I'm out on my own but when I'm out with the wife we use bluetooth comms and as soon as get above about 60kph she cant here me all she here's is wind noise yet I can here her no problem, I'm thinking the peak may cause excess wind noise as her helmet is just a normal full face and doesn't seem to have near as much wind noise as mine so I'm also contemplating just going back to a normal style helmet instead of the touring style with peak.

Back
Top Bottom