Vietnam motorbike travel-informations

momi20

Bikes
Suzuki DR 350
Hy guy
my name is Maurizio (aka momi) and i'm planning (at the moment just a project) a motorbike vacation in Vietnam in 2012. I can get almost 30 days of vacation from 1st of June to 15 of July.
I found a motorbike shop in Hanoi 8http://www.voyagevietnam.net/eng/9-18.php) that rent a Honda Baja 230 cc for 659 dong/day. The Minsk is more cheaper (286 dong/day), but i think is too little for the ride in my mind.
This shop allow also to keep the bike in Hanoi and leave it in Ho Chi Min city.
The route in my mind is to start from Hanoi and do a loop in the north---> Hanoi-Son la-Dien Bien Puh-Sapa-Cao Bang-Ha Long and back to Hanoi, maybe to check the bike. After i'd like to reach Ho Chi Min City along the coast roads --->Huè-Da Nang-Nah Trang and then come back in Hanoi along the Ho Chi Min Path Buno --->Buon Ma Thuot, Don Tan, and then along road 6 (Google Map) go through the Pu Hu reserve and finally back in Hanoi.
I'm a very quiet motorbiker and in 2010, in India, foe me was natural drive at 60-70 km/h on the big roads, for traffic jam , animals and people crossing the roads. I think Vietnam should be very similar to India even from the point of view of the weather, but i want to be more sure.
For example, starting on hte 1st of June and using 10 days for the loop in the north sounds reasonable ?
In India, even with rain and mud on the roads, i was able to drive at least 300 km in one day, in the high mountain of Himalaya: normally i wake up early and drive all day long.

My experience in Asia, as a biker are limited to some days in Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos with scooter 100 cc

In thoose days (1st June- 15 July) how many hours of light do you have in the north ? what time the sun raise up and what time goes down ?

Gas station: a lot, few ?

I'm not expert as mechanic: normally if my bike stops the first thing that i do is start to cry: to give you an idea i can't change tyres if i had a puncture. I can put gas, give oil in the chain and check oil level in the engine and pressure in tyres, that's all. so even in the north it is possible find mechanic for a bike like Baja ?

Do you know other motorbike shop in Hanoi ?

some suggestion for particular places and natural reserve?

This are the first questions, but any suggestion will be appreciated
Thanks for any kind of help

Momi

Contact Hung at Flamingo travel..

A pleasure to do biz with.. No problems or scamming looking for scratches on the bikes.. Just a decent guy trying to give a decent service.

Tho you may want to insist on new tyres / chain etc if doing a long trip. Or arrive a day early to badger them into the full service.

Back
Top Bottom