Vientiane accomodation

Pounce

Does anyone have any recommendations close to the river area, with email contact details, that can support 6 people with bikes?
Cheers.

Edit, I forgot to mention cheep too. Less than $30 if possible.

This is mentioned on another site & is what we're more or less after, nothing flash...
Ekalath Metropole Hotel
...but I called & they have no FAX or Email & I think everything got lost in translation so she hung up on me :p

Hi Pounce

Check out Family Hotel Laos http://www.familyhotellaos.com/ Right off Nam Phou Fountain area, across side street from Lao Plaza Hotel, new place, great breakfast, free wifi/computers, excellent prices, and secure, underground/underneath parking for you all....Use them all the time!

The Ekolath is a dump, never knew why he would reccomend that place...when I asked he said, " They have bike parking"....must have been a huge commission for him....Stayed there one night 6 years ago and quickly found that there were numerous places much much better than there. Can't highlight enough what a hole that place is.

Thanks fellas, we have gone with Villa Laos as it was also recommended by Quynh at Remote Asia who we're getting the bike from.

The Ekolath is a dump, never knew why he would reccomend that place...when I asked he said, " They have bike parking"....must have been a huge commission for him....Stayed there one night 6 years ago and quickly found that there were numerous places much much better than there. Can't highlight enough what a hole that place is.

Totally agree - i'd never stay there again (sad what a little monetary commission will do to certain people)

Villa Laos, Vientiane co-ords:

N17.97164

E102.59623

This looks good, so I thought I'd enquire about a booking and ask for their GPS co-ordinates.

Reply .... " What is GPS co - ordinates? "
Oh well, the map Phil shared will suffice (I hope).

Thanks Phil.
I'll fwd this to them so they themselves know what their co-ords are.

Currently staying at Villa Laos, cost is 180,000kip with aircon etc.

WiFi is a bit scratchy, so as there is only one router it depends on which room you are in.

As you stand at reception, the building to the right of you, upstairs is where the router is, so pick a room round there if you need access in your room.

Cheers
TS

I see 6 bikes turned up with no riders, I wonder who belongs to them? Any ideas Pounce?

IMG_1303small.jpg

As it turns out, yes it was Pounce and Co, here they are leaving on there dirt ride north

Lao Heritage Hotel
N17.96780 E102.60643

Single $16/$18 Double

It's a few blocks from the water. Good place, old, but good. It has motorcycle storage for at least twenty or thiry bikes in an unused courtyard which is fully fenced and covered. Wifi a bit spotty but ok in the lobby.

Lao Heritage Hotel
N17.96780 E102.60643

Single $16/$18 Double

It's a few blocks from the water. Good place, old, but good. It has motorcycle storage for at least twenty or thiry bikes in an unused courtyard which is fully fenced and covered. Wifi a bit spotty but ok in the lobby.

Good new info, thanks

Hotel Khamvongsa

Stayed at the Khamvongsa Hotel this time at the recommendation of MidnightMapper. Very nice rooms and everything worked including WiFi. Rooms range from 35-40 USD per night and included breakfast. The hotel is located at Rue Khoun Boulom near the Mekong river at N17.96606 E102.60173 Phone 021-218415 or 223257, www.Khamvongsa.com

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

The Khamsaner Hotel

Nice new hotel on the west side of town 100 thousand kip per night co ord's N17.97466 E102.56121

P1030105_zps523b4a79.jpg P1030107_zps33a121e2.jpg P1030106_zpsf6aae47f.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom