Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The Route 1090, 1167, 1288

Total Distance 208 km
DSCF4154.jpg

First thing was breakfast at a restaurant in town at N16.01.074 E098.51.787
DSCF4156.jpg

I am in luck today, they have some moo hunglay left, its very well cooked here and I have used this restaurant for this meal quite a few times before
DSCF4157.jpg

This was quite a spicy one, 30 Baht lighter I am full and off I set
DSCF4161.jpg

The 1288 is a road that you never know its condition until you ride it, I have been along here before with a real bad surface for most of the way, today its a good surface for most of the way
DSCF4162.jpg

DSCF4163.jpg

DSCF4164.jpg

DSCF4165.jpg

DSCF4166.jpg

About 12 km before Ban Poeng Kloeng the surface is just deep dust and very slow going for 10 km
DSCF4167.jpg

DSCF4168.jpg

DSCF4169.jpg

I reach the border and here I stop for a break in the shade as its been a hot ride to here.
The soldiers come out and chat, asking me where I have come from and saying no crossing into Burma here today
DSCF4170.jpg

DSCF4171.jpg

I stop at a shop for some refreshments and this Burmese gentleman sits down and in good English asks me where I am from and going to.
He works at the refugee camp between here and Umphang and tells me that although he is busy today, on a free day for him he could get permission from the soldiers to cross over and then we could ride about 30 km into Burma to look around and get some photos.
A shame we couldnt do it today though
DSCF4172.jpg

DSCF4173.jpg

The GPS shows a track heading north and going to the border not too far from the main one so I ride to it, the track turns to dirt at N15.47.966 E098.34.956
I ask the soldier here if I can go to get some photos from the top of the hill, he says yes and I take my jacket off and hang it on the bike then I ask if I can take the bike and to my amazement he says yes.
I dont hang around and quickly ride into Burma before he changes his mind
DSCF4174.jpg

DSCF4175.jpg

DSCF4179.jpg

DSCF4180.jpg

DSCF4181.jpg

Obviously the GPS has no tracks showing but at least I can negotiate my way back easily enough which is very useful
DSCF4182.jpg

DSCF4183.jpg

DSCF4184.jpg

DSCF4185.jpg

DSCF4186.jpg

The stones are stood on edge then one team sends one spinning across to knock the other sides stones over
DSCF4187.jpg

DSCF4188.jpg

I ride out as far as the river which I take to be the Da river as the GPS mentions it nearby
DSCF4189.jpg

DSCF4190.jpg

DSCF4194.jpg

DSCF4195.jpg

DSCF4196.jpg

DSCF4197.jpg

DSCF4198.jpg

The plan was to ride along this road and then I would be near to the main border crossing
I was only going to ride to the small village and return the way I entered as although it would be good to see the looks on the soldiers faces if I rode through, possibly the soldiers at the crossing that let me through would find themselves in trouble.
Plus it would mess it up for others who wish to try this.
I suddenly reach a T junction, left would be to the main crossing, right went further into Burma but there was a checkpoint here with people inside the booth.
I decided a quick u turn was the best choice and quickly shot off throwing a nice big dust cloud up behind me, if anyone followed me I certainly could not see them and I rode back into Thailand after a pleasant little jaunt inside Burma
DSCF4201.jpg

About 3 km from the border I come across what I thought was a puncture being repaired as a wheel was off
DSCF4202.jpg

But then I noticed the engine was upside down, I give them a hand and we manage to get everything back upright again
DSCF4203.jpg

DSCF4204.jpg

Thats why the wheel was off, somehow they had tipped over from the top, the driver was bleeding from the face and the woman was limping a bit but nothing serious
DSCF4205.jpg

The guy on the right spoke some English, he shook my hand and thanked me for stopping and helping, they were only 3 km from home and help was on the way.
There was no more that I could do so I rode on
DSCF4207.jpg

I stop at the Nam Mae Chan for a break and these lads are enjoying the water
DSCF4209.jpg

A lot of green algae in here today
DSCF4210.jpg

DSCF4213.jpg

Riding back and a few fires going
DSCF4216.jpg

Dot Com restaurants lazy cat
DSCF4214.jpg

Chicken, garlic, onions and fries for 120 Baht

You can get the gdb file from my website here … http://www.captainslash.com

Just another day is paradise.... very nice!

Here is my shot of the border crossing in Peung Kleung with Jack and the boatman. Looks the same... And well done on your ride into Burma.

796767110_To7QG-L.jpg

Thanks Mike

I know you have a big interest in this area

Yeah baby, i am enjoying your reports from the region... living vicariously.... :)

Thanks Mike and Captain for promoting me.Whish that we will see one day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's such an exciting area isn't it Colin, with the border so relaxed, I hope to be back down there in a couple of weeks.

Great to see your tracks took you into Myanmar.

into burma.jpg

Yes its great around here Phil, Auke now has a tiny piece of Burma mapped too

Back
Top Bottom