TRK502X

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Seen at Chiang Mai Covention Centre today, where there is a car and bike display.

GetAttachmentThumbnail-2.jpg

Yes seen this model in China over 1 year ago
The First Benelli was not that good, but the TRX 502X is ticking some boxes now for a bike MADE IN CHINA.
The bike is a bit low on power and too many KG IMO.
But overall worth a look at the cost.

But if it was me buying for the money stick with the tried and tested Honda CB500X.

A good chance all the bolts will still be there after just a week riding.

Excuse me for sounding negative but wet weight of 235 kilos? On a 500 cc bike? In comparison a BMW GS 1200 who often get bashed becuase of being heavy is 238 kilos wet....?
And then - chinese build quality + italian reliability = ???

The bike is a bit low on power and too many KG IMO.

What I think as well?

But to be fair many of my Chinese friends have been happy with the TRX 502X, but don't know what a real bike is lol?

The Italian reliability doesn't come into it when its MADE IN CHINA.
Well not for a few years yet?

Mine is TRK502, not this X version, for me the only problem for Benelli bikes is on their QC part. The bike itself is good, other than the weight & the 500cc/47hp delivered from the engine, it's not weak if to compare against Honda CB500X with the package came with it on market now. Those 20+3 litre of tank will easily bring you more than 427KM distance with refuel capacity I've done only about 18 litre(means it still able to go more than 427KM).

Mine is TRK502, not this X version, for me the only problem for Benelli bikes is on their QC part. The bike itself is good, other than the weight & the 500cc/47hp delivered from the engine, it's not weak if to compare against Honda CB500X with the package came with it on market now. Those 20+3 litre of tank will easily bring you more than 427KM distance with refuel capacity I've done only about 18 litre(means it still able to go more than 427KM).

I dont know where that 427 kms came from? Anyhow - I rode 540 kms something on a rented CB500X once and when refuelling I found out I still had 0,2 liters to go....LOL

Anyhow - would be interesting to hear more about your experiences with the TREK502. Was it you who did a trip to the malaysian parts of Borneo and posted a long ride report from the trip somewhere on the big www?

I dont know where that 427 kms came from? Anyhow - I rode 540 kms something on a rented CB500X once and when refuelling I found out I still had 0,2 liters to go....LOL

Anyhow - would be interesting to hear more about your experiences with the TREK502. Was it you who did a trip to the malaysian parts of Borneo and posted a long ride report from the trip somewhere on the big www?
Wowww...good for CB500X to be able to go that far, more or less about same as BMW if it's over 500KM. I'm not a brand defender if there's an issue on the bike, it's not perfect but it's performing well. Currently there's some of the rider riding his TRK502 up to Phnom Penh from Malaysia without problem.

Ahhh...That's not me but he is my buddy Chris, he got his own blog www.riderchris.com, go take a look & lots of information available.

Take a look into the comparison of spec that I manage to gather below.
* Sorry if there's some inaccuracy in the comparison below, let me know if any

Attachments

• Bike Comparison.pdf
    232.5 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
This was on display at our Big C in Chiang Rai, this one came with a price tag of just over 250k baht complete with panniers, not sure about the tubular swing arm on an ADV bike though.

20181104_134702.jpg

The X version got bigger top box, skidplate, 19" front wheel, double stand, spoke wheel, Metzeler Tourance Next tire compare to the normal one

Seen at Chiang Mai Covention Centre today, where there is a car and bike display.

View attachment 63936
WOW. Another "but-ugly" motorcycle complete with USD forks (useless), "beak" (useless) and "bum-wipe" that is usefull and necessary because of a stupid styleing exercise. (i.e. lack of proper rear mud-guard) imposed on us by "marketing".

WOW. Another "but-ugly" motorcycle complete with USD forks (useless), "beak" (useless) and "bum-wipe" that is usefull and necessary because of a stupid styleing exercise. (i.e. lack of proper rear mud-guard) imposed on us by "marketing".
All I can say is "Wowwwww"

I must admit that it looks quite cool/decent. But the weight puts me totally off. And add up unknown reliability...

I must admit that it looks quite cool/decent. But the weight puts me totally off. And add up unknown reliability...
I can agree with some point highlighted here, as I said earlier they lack of QC resulting in some bike having issue(fixable). But as for me, I'm still having imbalance tire weary on the right side issue, the service centre unable to pin-point what is the problem yet. But thanks to AdvRider & RideAsia, I get some idea what might be the reason(suspect).

Back
Top Bottom