Trip Report "Workshop" - "Club Meet" - "Share Ideas"

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
Phil has kindly offered some space at Riders Corner and suggested the covered pool table and the use of the overhead screen for a gathering of folks who would like to get this session(s) started.

Not sure of the entire scope of this event but perhaps through this thread we can narrow it down to a useful agenda so that all attending can benefit.

Here is my 'straw man' of an idea, please chip in with your thoughts & ideas.

• Recognise this may need more than 1 session
  • Gather prior to the event a short list of who will be willing to kick off the sharing to break the ice and have them develop a 20 - 30 min presentation / story of what & how they write their reports
  • Capture the highlights of the session to allow non attendees to benefit / participate
  • Ensure a range of show & tell happens rather than just follow a leader type
  • Perhaps do a Chiang Rai based version of the session next time for the CR clan
  • Develop an ongoing thread on the forum to enable active encouragement & sharing
  • Enable attendees to walk away without pressure to post
  • Enable people who want to grow/change/develop/enhance/etc their posts to bring to the session their needs

Over to you.

Ally

Heineken girls i hope :DD count me in.

I think as you have already said we need to be mindful that the RA community is not just Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, but worldwide, any information should be accessible to all forum members who may wish to contribute and learn from such a gathering of like mined people.

It would also be appreciated if the workshop could be announced enough ahead of time (at least a week or so) for people to get organized to attend - I will have to find a way to get my but to Chiang Mai somehow - I think attending and finally meet some of you guys in person over a few beers is the best part of the workshop:DD

Depending on the planned date (dates) and health permitting, Pun and me will be there too.
If needed I will volunteer for any preparation, organization or even clean up after, if needed.
Beer Chang will do for us, :DD

P.s. We will be in The Netherlands from August 5th till early October.

Hi Ally...sorry I'm not trying to turn your forum posting methods up side down but would it be possible to add a little warning window that opens, say 5 min before the hour we have to post is up, and let us choose whether to stay logged in or finish up and save? Something like the Norton program does when it updated with something that requires a restart...

Personally I make my trip reports in one of the text programs - I use EditPad Lite which is free - and I often take a day or two before I finish the report as I normally am working on several things at the same time. Once in the more or less final form, I just do Copy and Paste into the forum and make the final changes (like changing text into Bold or Italic) while logged into the forum.

Usually doing RR's when bored somewhere, travelling and / or stuck in traffic, wasting time waiting for meetings and using one of my gmail accounts to write ride reports and the auto draft "back-up" function saves everything and easily accessible from anywhere with internet connection...
works great on my
iPad mini with 3G internet access... just saying'....

Have a nice and relaxed weekend.

Personally I make my trip reports in one of the text programs - I use EditPad Lite which is free - and I often take a day or two before I finish the report as I normally am working on several things at the same time. Once in the more or less final form, I just do Copy and Paste into the forum and make the final changes (like changing text into Bold or Italic) while logged into the forum.

I use the same method as Auke on my Mac, write it up in notebook paste in the picture links and then post up to the forum. I find it a lot easier than working directly in the forum as i tend to ramble on a bit and like to write in chunks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Thanks for all the tips...guess only word is the program that gets everything scrambled and needs a lot of editing after. Will use the method...thnx.:DD

Tick the "Remember Me?" box under your user name when you log in.

Shouldn't have a problem then.
Forums like this seem to log themselves out if you don't do it that way.

Back to planning the workshop, any plans for a date and agenda?

Thanks for the reminder Marcel, other peoples thoughts are elsewhere at the moment i am sure we can get the thing off the ground soon.

Back
Top Bottom