Trails in Phang Nga/Surat/Ranong

tysurrfer

Bikes
KTM 690R Enduro, Ninja 1000, CRF250l, BMW sidecar
I am receiving my new CRF 250 l tonight and wonder if anyone knows where there are any good trails in Phang Nga, Suratthani, or Ranong provinces.

II will find them anyway... ;) but would love to have a few starters.

Thanks.

Where abouts do you live them 3 provenceis cover a huge area krabi has an enduro team they have all the trails around the area im thinkinking of trying to join up with them google krabi enduro and you will find there website

I have gone riding with those guys in Krabi twice before. They do a good job and know good trails. You should go if you get the chance. I live in Phang Nga. I went out yesterday and in nearly rained all day. Good way to get used to mud riding. Found a small mountain road too near Kapong.

yeah i just need to get a few more bits of riding gear first do you know of any places krabi,phang na or phuket that sell stuff bits needed are body armour jacket string vest type,trousers,knee protecters and gloves if you ever wanna do a few days riding give me a shout up around ko sok has to be pretty good am going there this week as family are visiting will have alittle look around,if you wanna come krabi for a bit off riding the misses has a resort so you can stay no charge in low season.
know what you mean about the rain was just about to go out today could see the clouds coming in then it didnt stop all day.

I found a shop in Phuket Town right on the corner in front of the Metropole hotel on the road that leads down to Wachira and Bangkok Phuket Hospital. Right on the corner about 5 -7 shops from the light there is a shop called motorbike gear or something like that. They have a limited but sufficient supply of off road gear, gloves, protection and so on. I was able to get all of my gear there. I many go to Krabi, but a bit far for now. Khao Sok is close to my house though...around 45 minutes. Let's see how the weather looks and we may go. Let me know if you need further instructions to the gear shop...it was the only place I could find gear.

Had alittle look on googlle earth found the metropole hotel looks like its on a busy junction with a roundabout out the front i
m sure i will find the shop im over there in 3 days time
Thanks

Just a little update eventually found the shop after walking around every road near the metropole hotel couldn't find itf
Finally asked a couple of taxi guys they said there was a couple of shops 5 km away so we jumped in the taxi and found the shop about 4 km away he parked up in the merkin hotel and the shop is about 5 doors down from the merlin hotel,so I guess you maybe got your hotels mixed up
Anyway the shop is called Phuket riders gear it's a great shop and has everything you need for off road gear thanks for the recommendation.

Sorry about the confusion, but glad you found it...

Did you go up to Khao Sok? I rode to krabi on my Versys and it rained most of the time on Saturday. I am now looking for handle bars and an exhaust. Have you had any luck with that?

yeah went khao sok but was in the truck only stayed there a day cause pretty quiet ,rubbish weather and didnt really like the accomodation there was with the misses and a cousin was over so just showing them around really ,didnt have much time to do any research for trails.
the 6 day trip in the car included khao sok ,khao lak,ranong and phuket crap weather every where really but i was happy as i got the gear i wanted in phuket.
ive got the gold renthal bars on mine you can order from dirtshop bangkok arrived within 72 hrs from ordering as for the exhaust think it will be a month maybe before anything decsent comes out think dirtshop were saying 1 month and priced about 13,000 bht.....

Back
Top Bottom