Tire makes available in Thailand

monsterman

I know that Pirelli and Metzler have good suppliers here , also that Bridgestone seem to have wide distibution , but what other choices you may ask.....

Michelin are available but distribution is patchy ,Pilot sport , pilot power and off road tyres available

well Dunlop also have distribution here although it seems patchy, HD cruiser tyres are well catered for by Dunlop but some Roadsmarts, Sportsmarts and Qualifiers are around and they are very good tyres,

Maxxis also seem to be getting more distribution they are not a bad general use tyre and as they are Korean will probably challenge the big boys technology soon .

Some cruiser and chopper shops have stocks of AVON cruiser tyres due to AVON making large 200-300mm tyres for that market but AVON 's excellent other road and sport bike products are not available here .

Continental dont seem to be available at all ????

Please add any info you have to this list

Re: Tyres makes available in Thailand

Ive been using Contintental TKC 80's on adventure bikes that do a lot of dirt. They are without doubt the best 50/50 adventure tire available in Thailand.
tkc80_uv.gif

Big Bendum can get the Contintental TKC 80's in Bangkok and overnight them to Chiang Mai for around 5,000 bht in total for a 140X18 rear

Big Bendums number is 089 111 5962 ask for Piroj ("pilot")

If you do 80% tarmac and 20% dirt then go for pirelli scorpion MT 90.
img_scorpionmt90st.jpg

Re: Tyres makes available in Thailand

We had a guy stop by on a Kawasaki Versys who had Pirelli Scorpion MT60 tires, the tread pattern looks quite similar to the Dunlop 605 tires that fit the Kawasaki KLX 250 for dual sport use.
img_mt60.jpg

They look quite interesting as they have a more aggressive off road tread pattern than the MT 90's

Big Bendum in Bangkok DOES now have stock of Continental TKC 80's, probably the best adventure bike tire choice for 50/ 50 touring

tkc80_uv.gif

Rear 140/ 80 18" are 4,500 Bht

Front 90/90 21" are 2,900 Bht

Next day delivery to Chiang Mai is only 150 Bht!

Call Pairoj in Bangkok on 08 9111 5962

View attachment 8931

Brit bike Chiang Mai are fitting a set of Avon Sport Rider tyres to my Thruxton today. Up one size on stock - 140 rear and 110 front.

They get the best reviews for Triumphs classic range but supply seemed very limited, I was lucky to get the ones I got.

08AvonRoadriderAM26_450.gif

Interested to hear what you make of these Dave.

Brit bike Chiang Mai are fitting a set of Avon Sport Rider tyres to my Thruxton today. Up one size on stock - 140 rear and 110 front.

They get the best reviews for Triumphs classic range but supply seemed very limited, I was lucky to get the ones I got.

08AvonRoadriderAM26_450.gif

[h=5]Heidenau tires now available in Singapore

(Everyone who has tried them says they are fantastic and last longer than anything else)

[/h][h=5]Heidenau Tyres from Germany is proud to set root in Asia!
Starting from Singapore.

Heidenau K60 Scout needs no introduction. But the new dual K76 is worth a look. It is designed more a more percentage of road use.
K76 Dual Sport Tire | Heidenau Tires

K76 will be coming in various popular sizes.

Shipment will arrive just before xmas, could consolidate future orders too.

Contact +65 96689088 or email kerjitrade@gmail.com for more details and reservation.
Contact to check sizing. Will do delivery to oversea customers.

ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME!
Heidenau Singapore is also looking forward for distributors and dealers in the region!

The K76

K76rear.png

The K60 (looks very interesting)

K60front.png

[/h]

The 76 seems to come in super moto sizes but the K60 doesnt have a rear in 17...

Those pirellis you put on will probably be the next tyres on the duke.

An interesting adventure tire choice now available in Thailand, Metzler Karoo 3

Sa at Sa Moto, Chiang Mai can order them ( 081 823 8361), he says they are cheaper than Pirelli Scorpion MT-90's

Discover the legend of Road Racing - Karoo 3

They look somewhere between Continental TKC 80 and Pirelli Scorpion MT-90 in respect of dual sport capabilities.

product_sheet_karoo3_460x500_jpeg_new.jpg

A new concept of Adventure and Enduro On/Off tyres dedicated to off-road expeditions, featuring both off-road traction and on-road stability with an excellent mileage.

• Improved Off -Road traction and handling
  • 30% more mileage than its predecessor
  • Cutting edge tread design lends to improved performance
  • Suitable for both light and heavy Enduro bikes (versatile)

Available in 17" & 18" rear

DIMENSIONS

FRONT
top_show_all_sizes.png

110/80 - 19 M/C 59R TL
puntini_show_all_sizes.png

120/70 R 19 M/C 60T TL

90/90 - 21 M/C 54R TL

REAR

130/80 - 17 M/C 65R TL

140/80 - 17 M/C 69R TL

150/70 - 17 M/C 69R TL

170/60 R 17 M/C 72T TL

140/80 - 18 M/C 70R TL

150/70 - 18 M/C 70R TL

The metzeler main dealer in bangkok was wasy to deal with and prompt to ship them etc.

Sportecs holding up ok for me.. Like them a lot more than previous pilotsports.

New Pirelli Scorpion Trail "II"

Just out with new tread pattern

pirelli scorpion trail II by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

SCORPION? Trail II, the new enduro street tyre from Pirelli that opens up a new path for adventure

Who is it aimed at?

Suitable for the lastest generation adventure touring and enduro street motorycles able to tackle even long journeys and excursions, with light off-road sections, the new SCORPION™ Trail II is a tyre with good road performance, yet capable of tackling unpaved surfaces. It is designed for motorcycles such as the Ducati Multistrada, Aprilia Caponord, BMW R 1200 GS, Triumph Tiger, KTM 1190 Adventure, Honda Crosstourer, Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré, Kawasaki Versys and Suzuki V-Strom, models which are increasingly being purchased by riders strictly for use on the road but which, if necessary, may also face stretches of dirt and light off-road.

Michelin Anakee 3's look good and are getting great reviews , I have the Anakee 2's and think they are the worst tires ive ever ridden on

Michelin Anakee 3's below:

47288_1.jpg

Had Anakee 3's on my V-Strom for about 3 months and 3,000 klm's now and I'm pretty happy with them on and off road but they are more on road than off road oriented, excellent in the wet as well. Cockpit at Hangdong for only 9,500TB
Mods (21) (1024x576).jpg

How many km's do you expect to get from the rear?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How many km's do you expect to get from the rear?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I've heard reports of people getting between 12,000 to 20,000 klm's on other V-Stroms and I'm guessing that would depend on road surface, load and how much off road but the way mine are wearing so far probably 15,000 to 18,000 klm's.

Highly impressed with the Michelin Anakee 3 tires. 12,000 km through Siberia, Russia, not one slip in a corner. Still loads of tread left on them, wouldnt surprise me if there was another 10,000 km left in them.

P_20151009_154234.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Michelin Anakee 3's look good and are getting great reviews , I have the Anakee 2's and think they are the worst tires ive ever ridden on

Michelin Anakee 3's below:

47288_1.jpg

I think this is the Scorpion Rally. Trail is more of a road tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, any one bought TKC 80's recently??

I called Pilot at Big Bendum in Bangkok, but none in stock and he said too long to order.

Cheers.

Have ordered the TKC 80's from Super Continental Moto tires. All done through their FB page, and they are posting to me here in Pattaya.

Pirelli Scorpion 2's now available in Chiang Mai. Ive got 12,000 km on the Michelin Anakee 3's, fantastic tires, with plenty of tread left, but with a 5,000km China ride coming, best to put on some new shoes.

1914552_10154735724813345_7644115800066449573_n.jpg

Managed to find some stock of Pirelli Scorpion 2's in Chiang Mai, around 11,000 Bht for a set.

received_1037864389585104.jpeg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Slightly more aggressive trad pattern than the Anakee 3's

P_20160321_160736.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

You even get the Scorpion now

P_20160321_160825.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

New Pirelli Scorpion Trail "II"

Just out with new tread pattern

pirelli scorpion trail II by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

SCORPION? Trail II, the new enduro street tyre from Pirelli that opens up a new path for adventure

Who is it aimed at?

Suitable for the lastest generation adventure touring and enduro street motorycles able to tackle even long journeys and excursions, with light off-road sections, the new SCORPION™ Trail II is a tyre with good road performance, yet capable of tackling unpaved surfaces. It is designed for motorcycles such as the Ducati Multistrada, Aprilia Caponord, BMW R 1200 GS, Triumph Tiger, KTM 1190 Adventure, Honda Crosstourer, Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré, Kawasaki Versys and Suzuki V-Strom, models which are increasingly being purchased by riders strictly for use on the road but which, if necessary, may also face stretches of dirt and light off-road.

Back
Top Bottom