This guy rode 196 days to Argentina?

KMA

Bikes
05 KTM 250 excf, 96 XR250
Sorry but this is pretty amazing to think this guy made it 196 days before he called it quits. Still kudos for his effort

[video=youtube_share;5kbbWfpLz08]http://youtu.be/5kbbWfpLz08[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
this is an interesting video to watch before trading any large bag of cash for a heavy vehicle to take off road.. (although i am sooo tempted to re-buy big bikes,just because i love'em.. :? )

Sorry but this is pretty amazing to think this guy made it 196 days before he called it quits. Still kudos for his effort
Difficulty Picking Up a Dropped Bike - YouTube

Funny was talking on this subject the other day, the joy's of riding alone and one of the down sides of having a panniers or loop system, due to the fact that when the bike is laying down you cannot get at the straps to remove the bag.

Was waiting for him to do a John Cleese and starting hitting the bike with a stick :lol3

.......Was waiting for him to do a John Cleese and starting hitting the bike with a stick :lol3

Yup...and I thought he was actually going to do it with the rock:MG

Seriously though...this goes back to the basics of long distance riding, this dude should have never set out like this, IF YOU CAN'T LIFT IT YOU CHOSE THE WRONG BIKE...(though with a KLR it seems straight forward even for an "IT peep squeak"):jump perhaps a 250 would have been a better choice. What amazes me is that the guy had actually even a winch packed on that "overloaded" bike...hmmm

You guys should watch some of his episodes/diary of his trip. He never really seems to enjoy what he has taken on but again kudos for his efforts

yes kudos for the effort ..but if u can't lift up a klr n swear at it for a while ..mmh..ur doing something u shouldn't do solo..(puxxy style) ..forgive me the reality check.. ;) in other words u don't know exactely what you are doing,or what is ahead of you.not best to start with :|

You guys should watch some of his episodes/diary of his trip. He never really seems to enjoy what he has taken on but again kudos for his efforts

I really don't want to watch more of this guy ...SORRY. In this little thing it already looks like the guy started on this journey with failure in mind. Attitude is everything, if you think you can't do it then for sure you will not be able to do it.

Enjoying your journey is important and being prepared includes the proper mindset, which he obviously does not seem to have.

I think he needs to eat more Weetbix

I watched some of the guys other vids and he manages to lift the bike no problem. As he mentioned in the video above the bike was on a slope the wrong way making it awkward to lift. Even a 120Kg dirt bike can be a bugger to lift on a gradient. Good on him for not giving up and trying different approaches, he got there in the end.
Also from his other videos I got the impression he was enjoying what he was doing. Well done to him for quiting his job and embarking on an adventure that most of us only talk/dream about doing.

ye i watched a bit then got tired.no offence but seems unexperienced for such a massive solo plan he had (guess i heard 25000km in his prep vid?)..in fact what happened ,at some point he quit or what?he's very lucky made it back in one piece (?) .....n is happily skateboarding now.. ;)
PS reason that stops many ppl/riders from taking such long trips is absolutely not 'fear',bt guess what_?cash! but the dream is on and working on it...

I watched some of the guys other vids and he manages to lift the bike no problem. As he mentioned in the video above the bike was on a slope the wrong way making it awkward to lift. Even a 120Kg dirt bike can be a bugger to lift on a gradient. Good on him for not giving up and trying different approaches, he got there in the end.
Also from his other videos I got the impression he was enjoying what he was doing. Well done to him for quiting his job and embarking on an adventure that most of us only talk/dream about doing.

Luggage racks fell apart and ended up demoralised.

[video=youtube_share;dQqYVhxvXGo]http://youtu.be/dQqYVhxvXGo[/video]

omg ..sound so sad ..but a bit funny at the same time,he didn't only quit the trip ,he quit bikes too m sure!! did I mention i see him a perfect skateboard lover?hahahah :lol

Luggage racks fell apart and ended up demoralised.

[video=youtube_share;dQqYVhxvXGo]http://youtu.be/dQqYVhxvXGo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom