They are at it again.. KTM cambo 25% off sales..

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
Dear value customers,

We, KTM Cambodia, would like to inform you that we will join Naga Bike FEST 2013 at Samdach Hun Sen Park (In front of Nagaworld Hotel) on May 9-12, 2013.

We have sale promotion up to 25% off for almost of all KTM model ranges.

Come to visit KTM booths and join us in the funny funny program. We have many gifts to give you free everyday.

Funny program "Quick question quick answer and quick gift"

Hope to see you all there.

http://www.facebook.com/KTMCambodia?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Last time the 12,xxx 690 SMCR was 8995 for deals made that weekend.

Sounds like they are again slashing prices for a sales day.

I might buy a spare 500......

I suppose they're clearing stock for the 2014 models ?

Phil

I imported mine privately because the KTM shop hadn't opened at the time.

Someone posted the KTM Cambo prices a while back.
From memory, the 500exc was ~$13700 plated

25% off brings it down to $10275 and that's way cheaper than importing a brand new one yourself. In fact, thats what you'd pay in the US with taxes.

Phil

I imported mine privately because the KTM shop hadn't opened at the time.

Someone posted the KTM Cambo prices a while back.
From memory, the 500exc was ~$13700 plated

25% off brings it down to $10275 and that's way cheaper than importing a brand new one yourself. In fact, thats what you'd pay in the US with taxes.

Thanks Bill, if its around 10k U.S ill take one

Never sent from an I-Phone

I know last time they would do phone deals.. It wasnt purely cash on the day, it was possible to book one on that weekend.

I wont be there for at least 2 more weeks..

A 690 SMCR at 9k is just soooo tempting.. 270k thb sigh..

From some quotes I got earlier this year:

Original quote $25.00%Sale price $∼Sale price ฿∼Sale price £
Freeride 201311585289686892571875561
350 EXC-F 201312945323697092873796214
450 EXC 201313125328198442913756300
500 EXC 2013136453411102343029196550

I'm a little tempted too... Wrong time of year but I reckon I'm due an upgrade for next season.

Have emailed to see if they'll give me sale prices for all enduro models.

Will post anything here. 500exc? Would you use this on the local tricky stuff or? I'd maybe go for a 2t if they've got em cheap.

Prices from KTM US site: KTM Enduro

500exc2013 = 9899
450exc2013 = 9499
350excf2014 = 9699
350xcfw2013 = 9199

Really.. This kind of thing.. That shop.. Call em.

Email is never going to get much professional cambodian response I fear.. Doubly so as the issue of taking a booking for that weekend may need some persuasion.

If multiple people buy, I can try to help with logistics of paperwork, plates, bike delivery..

Really.. This kind of thing.. That shop.. Call em.

Email is never going to get much professional cambodian response I fear.. Doubly so as the issue of taking a booking for that weekend may need some persuasion.

If multiple people buy, I can try to help with logistics of paperwork, plates, bike delivery..

if you call them, how good is their English?

Got a reply, but they missed what I was after... However, if you check through their Facebook page, you can see the prices for a few. They've got 2013 250 excf in at $11470 (pre-reduction) and maybe a 2012 6 day 250 (not sure of price for this).

The Freeride is now cheap enough - but not sure about one of these... The 350 excf seems dear in comparison to the 250 - but the 250 gets a new motor for 2014... No exc 2 strokes, by the looks of it.

I should just wait on till nearer end of rainy season anyways. Daft to buy now but, tried Alex's WR the other week and am now feeling impatient....

Got a reply, but they missed what I was after... However, if you check through their Facebook page, you can see the prices for a few. They've got 2013 250 excf in at $11470 (pre-reduction) and maybe a 2012 6 day 250 (not sure of price for this).

The Freeride is now cheap enough - but not sure about one of these... The 350 excf seems dear in comparison to the 250 - but the 250 gets a new motor for 2014... No exc 2 strokes, by the looks of it.

I'm not sold on the Freeride --- what's the estimated sale price on the 500 EXC? USD$ 10,300?

The store manager's name is Seila, and his email is sm.ktm@mwgroup.com.kh

He wouldn't give me a full price list of whats available at a discount.
Therefore I just asked about the 500exc for Phil and the 2013 690 R Duke.

His replies

Anyways, for the KTM 690 Duke R 2013 we offer 15% off so the price will
be $12,325.00 on that promotion day.

Currently we have no 500 EXC in our stock but we have 450 EXC and
promotion price is $9,843.75

The store manager's name is Seila, and his email is sm.ktm@mwgroup.com.kh

He wouldn't give me a full price list of whats available at a discount.
Therefore I just asked about the 500exc for Phil and the 2013 690 R Duke.

His replies

I'm still tempted by the 450 EXC but all the girlies say it will pull your arms off and be too tiring to ride for long distance touring (they are probably right). I'll email them.

I'm not sold on the Freeride --- what's the estimated sale price on the 500 EXC? USD$ 10,300?

I had a sit on one in the UK (not a ride) and it felt super low center of gravity, stable, thin and chuckable..

I reckon it would be near perfect for the local stuff.

Justin has one in the U.S, he says the seat is 2 1/2 inches higher than his KTM 525 that's a slight headache! I think he's doing the usual messing around with offset bushes, cutting the seat down etc. Often an option is to cut an inch out of the subframe and re-weld it, not sure if he's going that route.

Justin has one in the U.S, he says the seat is 2 1/2 inches higher than his KTM 525 that's a slight headache! I think he's doing the usual messing around with offset bushes, cutting the seat down etc. Often an option is to cut an inch out of the subframe and re-weld it, not sure if he's going that route.

Then again, that 525 ended up losing the lowering bushes, getting some more pre-load and an inch of foam added to the seat. Its still a bit low

From KTM Cambodia:
The selling price for KTM 250 EXC-F is $11,470.00 and promotion price is $ 8,602.00.
For the selling price of KTM 350EXC-F is $12,945.00 and for promotion price is $9,708.75
By the ways, we have KTM 350 EXC-F sixdays white color 2013 as well.
Please hurry up as the promotion period will be end on 12-05-2013.

Out of the EXCF's the 250 is the best deal, compared to UK pricing.

EDIT: Crap, no skid plate! Any cheapish/local suggestions?

Mr Gwan in CM seems to be the go to man for them at around 1500 baht.

He`s a bit slow with his jobs these days though,took a week to do a smallish job to my KDX recently.

He`s a bit slow with his jobs these days though,took a week to do a smallish job to my KDX recently.

Yeh, got one for my KLX there - but was after something a bit better...

Will go check the price at KTM Chiang Mai - and then faint. Of course I'll want my new shiny bike to look all nice for a bit... (Till I soon scratch and bash the crap out of it then stop caring :|)

Just a quick thought... As Cam and Thai are both in the ASEAN trade zone, and this bike is less than 250cc, could I avoid tax and bring it in legit? Wouldn't be plated but... Hmmm. Probably not (not manufactured in Cam, etc) but will check into it later.

EDIT: Can't find out anything definitive about this... Think it's a 'no' anyway - was just a vague idea! If anyone knows different, please let me know. I'd (slightly) prefer a Thai tax paid non-plated bike than a foreign plated bike on temporary import...

Yeh, got one for my KLX there - but was after something a bit better...

Will go check the price at KTM Chiang Mai - and then faint. Of course I'll want my new shiny bike to look all nice for a bit... (Till I soon scratch and bash the crap out of it then stop caring :|)

EE make a decent alu skid plate. Polished finish looks good when new.
Bit of a pain removing/replacing for oil changes until you become proficient at using one knee and two hands.

https://shop.enduroeng.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=5KTM

Congrats on the new bike. Great price for this region !!

Well they havent responded to me about an SMCR price request.. Probably a good job as I have 9k burning a hole in my pocket / cambo bank, but really shouldnt get another supermoto..

Cant decide if I am relieved or disappointed !!

Well they havent responded to me about an SMCR price request.. Probably a good job as I have 9k burning a hole in my pocket / cambo bank, but really shouldnt get another supermoto..

Cant decide if I am relieved or disappointed !!

Give them a call or text on that number listed on their Facebook page. They're busy with the show.

Give them a call or text on that number listed on their Facebook page. They're busy with the show.

I got in touch right at the start of this thread, late in the week, so was surprised to see you get a response.

Its wiser I dont get it right now, have a bike in Cambo, have bikes here.. Its just at the 9k price they sold at last time, I could sell off my DRZ etc.. I am not going to push it, if he had come back and said yeah we have a 2013 and its 8995 again, I would have had a very hard time not sending my girl along to sign something.

KTM Cam have said they can sort the reg card if i just send pics and passport copy (for a fixer fee) - but I'm sure they'll want payment in full (just set up a 10% transfer) before they'll let the bike get reg'd in my name. If I knew them well, I could pay it all then just go pick up the bike when the card's finished but, as I've never even been in the shop, don't think transferring everything before I've checked the bike is a good idea. So, I'll have to go first anyway - and if I'm in town already then going down the reg office for pics isn't a problem/worth paying lots extra for help with...

If it only takes a short time after going to sort the reg card at the reg office till you get it, no problem. If it takes weeks (think Alex's took 4 weeks) then that's too long to hang about so would have to travel back in and out of Thailand = a pita 2 trips. I'm trying to see if the fixer can get the card finished and back to me in a few days - that's the only real way a fixer could help... Anyone know if it's possible to get the card sorted in a few days? Ta.

For my card I was told no.. a 4 week wait was about normal..

Asked multiple fixers, including ktm and the more bent ones and that's what I got.

Of course that doesn't mean impossible just ??? Means I have not found it.

Where is he lew?

For my card I was told no.. a 4 week wait was about normal..

Asked multiple fixers, including ktm and the more bent ones and that's what I got.

Of course that doesn't mean impossible just ??? Means I have not found it.

Probably the case for me too then. If I had some history with them, I'd pay the lot and just post over pics and passport copies, then wait till the reg card got sorted. Would save a trip but... Na. Unless they'll go ahead with reg on just the 10% deposit - or they know a 'supa-fixer' Ill have to bob over in a week or so. When u next over there?

Where is he lew?

I put GPS link on a thread here somewhere ages ago - but your man next door knows, Phil - that's who told me about him.

You not bothering with a 450 EXC then?

When I go to pick the bike up, I'll take my pickup down to near the border then bring the bike back in that once it's in Thailand.

EDIT: unless he's moved again, 18.806117,99.013016.

Chris are you getting a plated / registered 250 exc?

KTM Cam have said they can sort the reg card if i just send pics and passport copy (for a fixer fee) - but I'm sure they'll want payment in full (just set up a 10% transfer) before they'll let the bike get reg'd in my name. If I knew them well, I could pay it all then just go pick up the bike when the card's finished but, as I've never even been in the shop, don't think transferring everything before I've checked the bike is a good idea. So, I'll have to go first anyway - and if I'm in town already then going down the reg office for pics isn't a problem/worth paying lots extra for help with...

If it only takes a short time after going to sort the reg card at the reg office till you get it, no problem. If it takes weeks (think Alex's took 4 weeks) then that's too long to hang about so would have to travel back in and out of Thailand = a pita 2 trips. I'm trying to see if the fixer can get the card finished and back to me in a few days - that's the only real way a fixer could help... Anyone know if it's possible to get the card sorted in a few days? Ta.

EXCF 250. 4t. They've only got a motorcross 2t in, iirc. Fancied a 2t but this should do. Can always 280 bb it.

EXCF 250. 4t. They've only got a motorcross 2t in, iirc. Fancied a 2t but this should do. Can always 280 bb it.

I think thd 500 exc is a better option for here. ... the Husky 450 smr I have is a nasty beast...I can see the ktm 450 exc being the same

Big Bore? Can't you change the mapping on the 450? IMO though, unless you've a fairly weighty/tall guy, you wouldn't need/want a 450 for the local stuff.

They've got an EXC-F 350 (and a 6 day version) too though...

Big Bore? Can't you change the mapping on the 450? IMO though, unless you've a fairly weighty/tall guy, you wouldn't need/want a 450 for the local stuff.

They've got an EXC-F 350 (and a 6 day version) too though...

How much

Back
Top Bottom