Thermarest NeoAir Trekker air mattresses 4,750 Bht

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Thermarest NeoAir Trekker air mattresses

Only 2 left, these are one of the best quality and lightest air mattresses ever made. These are the L Torso model which are the lightest and most compact of the Trekker range, ideal for dirt bike camping. 4,750 Bht each.

Website link:

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-rest/mattresses/trek-and-travel/neoair-trekker/product

LIGHTWEIGHT, GO-ANYWHERE AIR MATTRESS COMFORT.

The NeoAir Trekker air mattress features our reflective ThermaCapture™ Radiant Heat Technology, pushing its comfort range well into spring and fall backcountry trips. Light yet durable fabrics, combined with exceptional comfort and compactness, will keep the Trekker a favorite of anyone seeking a jack-of-all-trades air mattress for backpacking, travel, car camping, and just about anything else. Stuff sack and repair kit included.

• Superior Comfort: Patent-pending Triangular Core Matrix™ construction creates over 100 insulating cells that equalize air distribution for unmatched stability.
  • Efficient Warmth: Patent-pending ThermaCapture™ technology traps radiant heat, and over one hundred insulating cells minimize convective heat loss-all without the bulk, weight or durability issues of down and synthetic fills.
  • Compact and Light: Manual inflation, advanced materials and fiberless insulation assure the lightest and most compact mattress possible.
  • Lasting Performance: Rugged, 75D polyester bottom and supple, 50D top assure maximum versatility with the durability and comfort to handle a wide range of uses.

rvalue_trekker.png

I have one and its the best one i've had so far for lighweight camping (ive tried for others)

P_20150924_165531.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flic

I've got 2 left in Chiang Mai -- 4,750 Bht each

P_20150924_165917.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Specifications:

mat by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Reviews:

review by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Do you prefer this over the NeoAir Xlite Phil? The Xlite is 200g lighter in the L size and has a higher R-Value.

Do you prefer this over the NeoAir Xlite Phil? The Xlite is 200g lighter in the L size and has a higher R-Value.

This is as comfortable and feels A LOT tougher (its only 420 gramms). I always worried about puncturing the Xlite, the skin feels so thin.

Last edited:
I was trying to compare like with like, Large with Large. The Torso, as the name suggests is a lot shorter and therefore lighter.

I know some prefer the shorter pads and see it as away to lose weight.

I was trying to compare like with like, Large with Large. The Torso, as the name suggests is a lot shorter and therefore lighter.

I know some prefer the shorter pads and see it as away to lose weight.

Didn't understand ..sorry.

I think for ground camping the Trekker is a good option because the fabric is so much more durable. I've always been corncerned about small thorns under the tent with the Xlite so thin.

I agree, everything is a compromise/balancing act between weight, comfort and durability. A rider who tours roads can afford to think more about comfort over weight, whilst an off-road camper's priority is probably minimising weight.

You can save 200g on your UL mattress but you might end up needing to buy a tent footprint weighing more as you're worried sharp objects from the floor may puncture it!

Back
Top Bottom