The New Photobucket

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Fear not this site is not the complete mess I expected it to be, the support guy I have been in contact with answered all my questions and sent helpful screen shot advice.

The ability to upload them in my preferred order of the oldest one first can be selected as can copying all the IMG codes in one go for a quick paste.

Todays trip report was the first one using the new site and it went smoothly

To see all of our help articles and forum questions, visit our help section here: Photobucket Support
How do I get back into my account, I don’t have my password or the correct email?
https://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21079008
Where is the link to get back to the old, original site?
Original Photobucket : Photobucket Support
Where are the linking options and can I still bulk link?
Quick access to linking on the Beta site : Photobucket Support
Bulk Linking on the Beta site : Photobucket Support
What does it mean that my bandwidth has been exceeded?
Receiving a Bandwidth Exceeded Message? : Photobucket Support
How do I change the sort order of my albums?
Sorting your images and albums : Photobucket Support
While uploading, it says I’ve reached my storage limit but, I haven’t!
Storage Limit Reached??? : Photobucket Support
How do I download a photo?
Download a Photo or Video : Photobucket Support
How do I delete an album?
How do I delete an Album on the new Photobucket? : Photobucket Support
What happened to collages, slideshows, downloading an album?
Feature Updates : Photobucket Support
Nothing is working, help!
https://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21091473
Supported Browsers and Operating Systems : Photobucket Support
How do I give you feedback?
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L9MGQ37

If these don’t help, check out the rest of our help articles at Photobucket Support

My biggest problem with the new site was everytime I tried uploading photos it said my account was full

The issue is your library is full and that's whats causing the upload error your receiving. Each album has a limit of 2,500 images and once reached will block you from being able to upload. Please use the organizer to transfer your photos from your library to another album. Once your transfer your photos you will be able to upload once again.
You can bulk move your photos to different albums using the organize feature. When viewing an album, you will see a blue organize tab. This is located just below the share options for social media and email.
Select the photos you want to move by holding the Ctrl or Shift keys, and clicking on the images. You can select the Move option at the bottom of the organize page, and select a new album to move those images to.

Thanks for the reply Andrew, before I move anything I need to be sure that moving them will not change the IMG code otherwise the photos wont show up on my trip reports.
Colin

Hi Colin,
Preforming an action like moving images from one album to another will brake your links. If all of your photos are linked out I do have another suggestion. You can upload to your account as long as you select another album during the upload process.
When uploading your photos you have two options for selecting the destination album. You can use the main upload feature than select the album in the tab listed at the top left corner of your upload screen. The other option is to first select the album than select the more tab listed above the album. Here you will see the upload to album option that will allow you to upload to the album you are currently viewing.
Attached are two screenshots to help guild you to this option, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew@Photobucket Support

Have you tried the All New Photobucket? What are you waiting for?! Give it a shot and join the fun here: | Photobucket
Attachment(s)
Upload To Option.png
Upload to album 2.png

I have not much issue with the new Photobucket version.
Just some minor one:
- I can not do click and auto-copy the link of the photo.
- I can not set my home album or made the home page shows some most recent albums.
- It does not allow to see the sub-album's name in the mother album. Need to click or browse the Library tree on the left panel

If you have a home PC rather than use net cafes.. The folder mirroring of picasas desktop app is handy.. You just organize a /public/ with subfolders to sync and it keeps that mirrored online and vice versa..

You can do the same with dropbox too but they dont give you much free space.. Mega will be interesting at 50GB free but not as good a desktop experience..

I am just sold on flickr.. The organizer system etc.. Too much on there to want to change now.

I have experienced sometimes with the "sync" technic with Picasa Web. And I found lots of confusion and mistake when doing sort of editing, relocation, rename or else to the files on my local drive - it affected the online store and screw-up my posts on websites.
Flick has poor private setting and not good album arrangement. It is more on two way communication for pix when the FaceBook has not been found.
There are two most preferred pix store online now is Smugmug and Photobucket. I like Photobucket coz it's way cheaper... LOL...

I only 'tested' picasa as I am hooked on flickr.. And when I did I put final albums, once I wouldnt intend to edit, into the public space..

What flickr privacy issues have you had.. My private albums seem secure, can be shared with smaller groups like family if they also sign in (I dont use this) and linking can be done to retain privacy and keep a linked photo from showing your flickr URL / account.

I havent tested photobucket since any upgrade.. Maybe need to have a look but actually been playing with some image gallery software on a hosted site that I really like.. Done a little promo website for a bar in just an afternoons work and very happy with the finished product. Great little CMS for images / gallerys, loads better than wordpress for this task. Will use it again Imagevuex its called but a different deal to this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom