The New 2014/5 Edition KLR 650

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Well they appear to like it

2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition | FIRST RIDE

MCY0814-KLR-06.jpg

Was just coming to post that !! You beat me on the AT one also, must have the same facebook feeds ;)

Doesnt mention FI when it lists the revisions ?? But doesnt say carb either..

The early bird catches the worm mate :lol any judging by this quote it's still carb :-(

It seems odd nowadays to turn the ignition key on a motorcycle and not see flashing lights and sweeping needles. There are no engine modes to select, no anti-lock brakes or traction-control systems to fret over. You just turn on the petcock, actuate the bar-mounted choke lever and push the "magic button." That done the KLR fires instantly, producing an unhealthy-sounding combination of piston slap and rod knock. But the liquid-cooled, 651cc single is rock-solid and will probably continue to make that racket for 100,000 miles or more.

Interestingly, i'm hearing Red Baron in BKK are still trying to sell 'grey imported" KLR 650's for over 500,000 Bht, when the Thai assembled KLR 650 isn supposed to be fore sale soon for around 300,000 Bht. Who would buy one?

Thing is from that article it doesnt sound like that 'new' KLR650 is FI.. And if it isnt I dont think we will see it sold here.

There's a Thai chap in Bangkok that has new KLR 650's with registration for 380,000 bht "and cannot discount".

He speaks English, this is his number:

35,000 km report from Mr. Frazier published on Motorcycle-USA:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/284/1.../Dr--Fraziers-Globe-Killer-KLR650-Part-5.aspx

After its 30,000 mile report, the Globe Killer Kawasaki KLR650 Project Bike was pushed a bit harder than before. Our design goal was to prepare the motorcycle for what could be expected on a more difficult 'Round The World ride, but using tracks, roads and trails found on the North American Continent. Towards that end the American adventure miles crossed through remote environments and over ground as nasty and dirty as that experienced in Africa, South America, Russia and The Tourist Triangle of Myanmar. While I originally planned to return the motorcycle to the Happy Trails Motorcycle Product Company for a 40,000 mile check-up, I only managed 5000 miles traveled - but it was a tough 5000 miles.

Dr. Frazier's Globe Killer KLR Part 5 Picture 1 of 16 - Motorcycle USA

Dr.FraziersGlobeKillerKLR650PartV9.jpg

Ok i know it's not coming to LOS yet, but it's a cool video.

[video=youtube_share;Gf1dbdNJMSc]http://youtu.be/Gf1dbdNJMSc[/video]

I hope you're right Craig, will be a great bike for here for sure, if you talk to Kawa Chiang Mai now, they say they don't know if it's even going to be released in Thailand. Might give Red Barron a change to unload the KLR's that they grey-imported.

I can feel it in my water... Kwacker TH has something very special lined up for next year!

(Disclaimer: My water is usually clear and heavily diluted with beer)

What I like about the KLR is that it's an ugly workhorse. The last thing I want from an ADV bike is something pretty, which I'd hate to get scratched. This bike just begs to be used, enjoyed and thoroughly soiled!

Lots of good things coming to bikers here at the moment, the KLR and Honda's new Africa Twin next year would only continue the upward momentum. Even the Thai guy selling the KLR here in Bangers is great news. Red Baron may even be tempted to shift their expensive grey imports for a discount after they have been sitting there for a year gathering dust...

Happy days!

Saw some pic's on FB RB are now selling for 428 K

Back
Top Bottom