The Mae Hong Son Loop completion certificate

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
It seems a lot of riders are unaware, that you are able to get a Mae Hong Son Loop completion certificate from the MHS Chamber of Commerce Office in Mae Hong Son. I think the cost of the certificate is around 60 Bht, just show some ID and they will issue the certificate in your name.

The location of the MHS Chamber of Commerce Office in Mae Hong Son town is in the map below:

View attachment 10278

GPS location:

N19.29943

E97.96538

Last edited:
That sounds great :) Need to get myself one next loop....done it probably 13-14 times these last 10 years. Thanx for the info.....

Take your word for it......be back in CM around first week of Oct.....hope my bike will be there......:)

Phil, you should do an "I bypassed the MHS Loop & did it off-road" Certificate.

Lots of misconceptions about the MHS Loop. Does it begin from Chiang Mai to Mae Sariang - MHS - Pai - Chiangmai to complete the 1864?

Lots of misconceptions about the MHS Loop. Does it begin from Chiang Mai to Mae Sariang - MHS - Pai - Chiangmai to complete the 1864?

Ha ha! I think it arises from you being in MHS already so you need to get back to civilisation. So having done so many curves to get there from Chiang Mai (clockwise or anticlockwise), you could have done that number by the end of your circuit.

I like Pounces idea... come on Phil, get that T Shirt & Certificate package together... Perhaps the qualifier should be a photo midway between. Posting that photo would I am sure appeal to many that are tired of the "been there & done that" with Samoeng & Inthanon trophies posted elsewhere on the net.

Ally

Years ago on another forum I did a trip report detailing a trip around the Mae Hong Son loop all off road. I think I referred to it as "the MHS loop done the dirty way" or "how to keep your Mia Noi (bike) happy". Too many yearas ago so I forget. A T-shirt with some nice graphics would be an interesting idea.....................and maybe keep Phils idle hands busy:lol:.

Ha ha! I think it arises from you being in MHS already so you need to get back to civilisation. So having done so many curves to get there from Chiang Mai (clockwise or anticlockwise), you could have done that number by the end of your circuit.

I like Pounces idea... come on Phil, get that T Shirt & Certificate package together... Perhaps the qualifier should be a photo midway between. Posting that photo would I am sure appeal to many that are tired of the "been there & done that" with Samoeng & Inthanon trophies posted elsewhere on the net.

Ally

Those from the South normally do not do the Chiang Mai - Mae Sariang. Most come from Tak and route via R106 then turn westward onto R108 if they are on a streetbike.
The DP bikes will start from Mae Sot ( R105 ) to Mae Sariang. Although some parts are gravel, the route makes interesting riding.

Those from the South normally do not do the Chiang Mai - Mae Sariang. Most come from Tak and route via R106 then turn westward onto R108 if they are on a streetbike.
The DP bikes will start from Mae Sot ( R105 ) to Mae Sariang. Although some parts are gravel, the route makes interesting riding.
It certainly does! I did it in '04, '06, '08 and yesterday, once on a H-D Road King and the rest o' times on a H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic, and it certainly is one you will not forget in a hurry! 225km of very interesting riding!
Don't forget to buy a "I've just done 1,864 bends!" sticker when you get your certificate done!
Here's my fave pic from yesterday...... on a rare stretch of nice smooth black-top! Plus the obligatory Burmese refugee village pic!

Attachments

• P9260660_resize.JPG
    P9260660_resize.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 427
  • P9260630_resize.JPG
    P9260630_resize.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 1,477
Well, I've done the Mae Sot, Mae Sariang to Chiang Mai bit.... I guess I better get back and finish the loop

A snap on R105

087.jpg

Well, I've done the Mae Sot, Mae Sariang to Chiang Mai bit.... I guess I better get back and finish the loop
That's the "hard" bit! Mae Sariang - MHS - Pai - Chiang Mai is a breeze compared! I do like the 108 "in" from Mae Sariang to Chiang Mai...... you should try the next one up..... Khun Yuam to Chiang Mai on the 1263, 1192 & 1009...... bloody lovely!

Attachments

• P9210561_resize.JPG
    P9210561_resize.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 779
Any updates of this office? I understand the office has shifted. Anyone have the new address or coordinates? Thanks

Let's just ride....

For those interested. These are the new GPS coordinates. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418189892.423432.jpg

Let's just ride....

Back
Top Bottom