"The Colin/ Captain Slash BBQ" , Saturday 27th April, 2013 - 7pm food served

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
"The Colin/ Captain Slash BBQ" , Saturday 27th April, 2013 - 7pm food served

Colin AKA Captain Slash is back in Chiang Mai for a couple of days before he flies back to the UK for 6 months. He's ridden 50,000 km in the last 2, 6 months visits to Thailand a lot of which being new trail data that we will all benefit from. He is one of the "key" people here for sure.

We've arranged a BBQ at Rider's Corner Bar & Restaurant for him tomorrow night (Saturday 27th April, 2013 ), looks like we will have a full house, food will be ready 7pm. If you're interested in meeting Colin, stop by tomorrow night, if you want to be added to the BBQ buffet, please PM me or stop by and notify us in advance.

IMG_0207-300x225.jpg

Wish i could join you all but so very busy.Many thanks Colin for your business and all the advertising you have done for us over here at Tonys Place.Have a safe journey back to the doom and gloom of blighty and see you again in six months.
Regards Tony (Nan ambassador)

Wish i could join you all but so very busy.Many thanks Colin for your business and all the advertising you have done for us over here at Tonys Place.Have a safe journey back to the doom and gloom of blighty and see you again in six months.

We will be over to Nan to eat with you shortly Tony. Give us some new creative places to stay in Nan if you can, the last recommendation was excellent.

Glad to hear you are busy mate and see you when I get back

I hear you'll be doing a farewell striptease Colin, amazing the lengths folk will go to, to get key people to come along!
Count me in for 3 seats. See ye the Morra neet...

Brilliant. I hope the Mayor is there to present you with the key to the city mate.

I'm sorry I can't make it tonight, but I'll be there in a couple of weeks, so if you wouldn't mind leaving half a dozen beers in the fridge, I'll toast you when I get there.

Colin - Thanks again for all the great ride reports. I won't be there for the sendoff, but I will uncork a Singha (imported to the great dry state of Utah and sold through the state owned dispensary) in your honor. Cheers!

Hey Colin... some key people attended another Chiang Mai dinner the other day... pity you couldn't make it to this one.

Did the t shirt get good approval there Ian or were you accused of shit stirring?

Geez Colin. You know I'm not a shit stirrer. I went to Miguel's for dinner with another chap, someone I've never heard anyone refer to in terms other than as "an absolute gentleman", but apparently he's banned from that forum, so he couldn't sit at their table. He and I had some pleasant chats to people we both knew as they arrived though.

Some supposedly fearless chap followed the rest of the attendees in, but he appeared too a-feared to talk to us and he quickly averted his gaze from the mighty key t-shirt. Being last in, he ended up on his own table with his two lady friends. I went over and had a chat to him later on. We had a long chat actually, about friendliness, past meetings and the importance of polite language, etc. My suggestions, apparently, were as useful as lead balloons.

I dunno what the problem is, but apparently "I've been here 30 years" is more important than doing things together for the common good.

One member of my family headed up a UN Division, but it would seem I'm never going to get the call-up to head another one. I'll just have to slink off back to Oz, having failed at peacemaking, yet again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Bigfella Events & Upcoming Rides 11
Back
Top Bottom