Thailand nightlife mapping.

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
This is started as a collaborative mapping effort, to document the bars and hangouts throughout the country. Everything from dingy fairy light bars lit up like a christmas tree, to backstreet karaokes, to the more well known places.

[center:9kiu47ju]>>> Directory of Debauchery <<<[/center:9kiu47ju]

The intention is to have an easy to bookmark guide for spots through Thailand and Asia, accessible via mobile phone, for P4P / massage / Coyote / disco / Pub type places. while its easy to find Loy Kroh Rd, its a lot less easy to find a coyote joint in Naan, or an agogo in khon Khen.

This project will only be valuable if people contribute. Its easy to do, just click 'edit' to have the placemarker tools appear on the map. I believe if you click collaborate the map is added to the 'your maps' list under google maps. Of course this is all usable with a phone that supports google maps and is very useful with an android phone.

You can also download the whole mapset POI's as a google earth KMZ which means it can be backed up against being defaced or edited badly. Please take the time to add any and all sports worth discovering. Bangkok, Udon, KK, Anywhere.

I added a few I can think of to get the ball rolling. Its being posted on at least one more forum but encourage reposting it to as many as possible. If you want to repost this to Secrets or addicts or PI forums, please do so. It would be good if this becomes a pan asia bookmark system of bars from Sing and KL to Hong Kong. If your local naughty nightlife place or Freelancer pickup joint isnt there, add it.

The way to add place markers is this.

Go to the map. Make sure your logged into a google account.

Asian Nightlife Mapping - Google Maps

Zoom to an area you wish to add a POI to.

Click edit

6225492222_ff219e019d_z.jpg

Then the POI tools appear

6224973185_982cd9378c_z.jpg

Add the POI or outline for a Rd or area larger than a dot.

Once done click save for that POI. . You can also click Done (next to the initial edit button, while editing) when finished but once its 'saved' this doesnt matter.

What is the simplest way to add a new place?

edit ---found it

To add a POI simply click EDIT and then add them. Please add a clear description of what is there.

EDIT ::: Merged into 1st post.

Also as this breaks googles policy on adult entertainment, try to just keep the places as names or massage.. Not being too descriptive.

Also why its good to backup the KML every once in a while. As it will be simple to restore if it ever gets killed.

Looks like I got my work cut out for a while ..... fortunately, I still have many of the bars marked as waypoints on the GPS !
And I'll need a reason to go to Phitlok now !
Russ.

get posting Russ ...you can fill that map up with little dots

Russ McDermid said:
Looks like I got my work cut out for a while ..... fortunately, I still have many of the bars marked as waypoints on the GPS !
And I'll need a reason to go to Phitlok now !
Russ.

Lightemup said:
Who else would come up with the idea to start something like this up? ;)

Well we did struggle for daytime activity the other day..

Has to wait for darkness before we found some damsels that were confused as to what under wear was.

Added Vien Chan markers, and lots around Phnom Penh.

And did you really mean to add that marker in Bangladesh ??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Bike & Rider Accessories / Services 29
Back
Top Bottom