Thailand Malaysia Border

Ride4smiles

Bikes
Bmw F800GS, KLR650, Honda CRL 250L
Crossed into Malaysia from Thailand at the Sadao border we got our passports stamped out of the Thai side and headed over to the customs guys to ask about the temp export paper for the Thai registered bike, they just waved us away and said no you don't need it so away we went.

Rode through nomans land to the Malaysian border into the bike lane stamped into Malaysia no problems. I had heard that the police road block up the way a little checked all your papers and if you didn't have insurance and the temp import paper for Malaysia they would send you back to get them, as my license has been out of date for a year I wanted to have everything else in order so made a point of stopping before the police stopped me. Both offices are on the tight no far past the border crossing you may not see them cause of all the traffic heading back into Thailand but you will see a little taxi stand on your left as you head down the hill where you can park and both places are just over the road.

It takes 15 to 20 minutes and your away, in the end the police didn't stop me anyway so if you wanted to just ride in and see how you went and play dumb if you got pulled over I'm sure you could quite easily.

Here's a short video of the border, there really is nothing to this crossing but thought it might help someone heading this way

Back
Top Bottom