Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand

X-maker

Bikes
Yamaha TT250R
Hello everybody.

I want to make a long trip in january 2012 through:

North-Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - Nort-Thailand

My bike is registratet in thailand - so no problems to go to laos and cambodia - I guess.

What about entering to Vietnam?

Who has some experience with that please?

Thanks for every advice and fact.

Cheers
Rino

With a pre-arranged Vietnam permit and Vietnam guide, you can take any motorcycle into Vietnam, but it's expensive.

On your own a permit can be arranged for your own motorcycle to enter Vietnam, restricted to a maximum engine capacity of 175cc, we have contact details of people that can arrange this. People have tried changing the "cc" stickers on higher capacity engines bikes to "175 cc" rarely does it work and entry granted.

Border post Cambodia Vietnam Ha Tien

9064185.jpg

X-maker said:
Hello everybody.

I want to make a long trip in january 2012 through:

North-Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - Nort-Thailand

My bike is registratet in thailand - so no problems to go to laos and cambodia - I guess.

What about entering to Vietnam?

Who has some experience with that please?

Thanks for every advice and fact.

Cheers
Rino

Vietnam currently seems closed with out major costs (a government guide to go with you everywhere who must be paid, fed and housed) etc.. A couple of years back I had a fixer who assured me he had a friendly border guard who would legally stamp you in at one border point up north.. Then once in you could leave by any point. I emailed him a few motnhs ago and got a negative answer but dont know if it was his staff saying this, the communication was hard via email.

The rest is doable..

Back
Top Bottom