Tentsile Tree Tents

CraigBKK

Bikes
Honda CRF 1000L, 300L, SH 150
If you find sleeping in a hammock uncomfortable (as I do) but want a 'tent and bed' all in one solution, this may interest you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

"WHAT IS TENTSILE At Tentsile we create some of the world's most versatile tents. All our tree tents are made to be suspended over the ground but in dry conditions can also be pitched on the ground, like a conventional tent. Whether you are looking for an all terrain camping solution, a safari safe house, a mountain, beach retreat, or a portable treehouse that avoids all planning restrictions, with the Tentsile tree tent the sky really is, the only limit."

The smallest version, the 'Connect' is a two man + gear solution weighing in at 7kg and retailing for $495 / £328. The maximum load is 400kg.

[video=youtube_share;7kG2BjMH_-c]http://youtu.be/7kG2BjMH_-c[/video]

Details including more videos here: Tentsile

Another mainly tree reliant system like the Amok, but more expensive and heavy, looking at the rate of deforestation during a recent Laos trip i think hammocking is going to be more and more difficult and a tent is now order of the day

Agree with all the posters.. I think these look cool, in theory.. But in reality requires a site that may not be easy to find if not in a forested area..

Agree with all the posters.. I think these look cool, in theory.. But in reality requires a site that may not be easy to find if not in a forested area..

I've been toying with the idea of camping on trips for a few months now so have taken note of all the camp site layouts that I've found. Yes, the reality is they are cleared areas, some grass, some cement and all without trees.

A friend is taking me to the Esso garage near Big C, Kanchanaburi at the weekend. He says the single hammocks/mosquito nets/fly sheets are cheaper there than in BKK. For the prices they are asking, it's not a big investment. I'll probably just buy one to have handy in case there is a surprise mototrip into the jungle, which happened to me at the end of last month.

I still love the photo of the Tentsile set up in between the coconuts palms on the beach... but as you say "in reality".

Back
Top Bottom