Tent or not in Southeast Asia

terrytreks

Bikes
scooters
Hello,

I'm in the early planning of a big trip driving the Ho Chi Minh trail in Vietnam. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I could continue into Laos, then Cambodia, and circle back to HCMC, where I would sell the bike. Or I could sell in Hanoi. We'll see how things are going.

But my question is to take a tent or not? I'm thinking not. I read a blog on a HCM trail trip, and hotels were always available. But what about Laos and Cambodia? I'd rather not take one.

Thanks,

terrytreks

If your staying on 'roads' and travelling between populations rather than jungle trails.. I would never carry a tent..

Of course if your planning on single track and bush bashing, jungle stuff.. You never know when you might get caught out.

Even out in the sticks so long as you can reach a local village you will always be made welcome, like LLOS said it's if you decide to get off the beaten path and you end up between villages, in which case carry a bivvy sack.

For this trip I'll be sticking to roads and staying in towns. So I'm not going to carry a tent then.

WP_20150625_17_44_36_Pro.jpg

Right now ...fantastic camping ⛺ here

Back
Top Bottom