TBR Z50JZ Supermoto

TB-Racing

Bikes
various
Well ~ can't keep my fingers away from bikes build a few custom Z50JZ "Monkey Bikes" over the years.
Miserable weather over here during the colder season and started another full on custom mini bike project with our son.

will be a vintage bike as i shall use a Honda Z50JZ 1979 (Australia) frame out of our bike frame collection

Kick started the custom 8" Z50JZ Supermoto project going through the parts stored away from previous builds. Using a MIC = Made In China "cheap as chips" frame for test fitting custom and modified parts.

As well a mate had to relocate back to his home country and left me his kids Jincheng Z50JZ used and abused Monkey replica bike behind, good starter bike for a project as the bike is already rego'ed and fully licensed….
Might come in handy if we decide to use the replica frame or do full off-road and build a NitroCircus #199 Travis Pastrana / Red Bull tribute bike, our son shall make the final decision once the build is done and ready for paint.

Metal fabrication shed down the road milled and cut a few stainless steel axle and stainless steel bar ends for the custom bike projects.

Had a few screws modded as well while over at the metal shed, looks great after some spit and polish….

G-Craft alloy 3.5" wheels (front / rear) with Bridgestone Battlax BT390 3.5x8" tyres.
G-Craft +40mm alloy round swingarm, rear G-Craft alloy hub (disc brake), CF-Posh alloy rear sprocket.

Let's move on with the Supermoto build. Fastway foot pegs installed, they are by far the best footrests I have come across so far.

As initial project startup engine installing a Quickfoot QF128 (128cc) MIC = Made In China engine and not sure about later on but seriously thinking about a Takegawa Desmo based engine.

Playing around with different carbs, custom fabricated stainless steel inlet manifolds and some of our other custom parts.
Most probably will use the Keihin PE28 (Daytona pre-set) and HM Inlet Manifold (stainless steel) again.
A bikers work is never done....

Found a original 50cc engine inlet manifold and comparing to a stainless steel 28mm inlet manifold ~ well, there is a difference…

Your son sure is a lucky guy having the opportunity to build a mini bike with his dad almost from scratch. Look forward to the stories about the first ride with the mini beast.

Your son sure is a lucky guy having the opportunity to build a mini bike with his dad almost from scratch. Look forward to the stories about the first ride with the mini beast.

No worries, he rides since the age of 3, started with a 2-stroke Yamaha PW50 and is very good on Z50's like this one….

Unwrapped the beautiful Big Cedar Z50JZ alloy tank, CF-Posh high flow fuel petcock and Kitaco alloy cap….
The alloy tank will get custom airbrush paint job later on.

Nissin front and rear brake calliper, the rear calliper needs some milling to fit into the rear wheel. Stainless steel brake calliper brackets arrived as well.

March 1979 Honda Z50JZ (Australia) frame before media blasting.

The Honda Z50JZ frame after powder coating and headstock bearings pressed in.

G-Craft (Japan) alloy wheels fully assembled with G-Craft (Japan) hubs and alloy reinforcement rings, CF-Posh (Japan) alloy sprocket....

Well ~ picking up on the Supermoto project again due to crappy weather and watching NitroCircus with #199 Travis Pastrana and the Nitro-Crew…
Rooting through the extensive bike parts arsenal brings out some good ones for test fitting.
Checking to fit Honda NSR50 fork (55mm shortened and fitted with Takegawa pre-load adjusters), G-Craft Tripple Trees (55mm offset), G-Craft Headlight Brackets, G-Craft Fork Stabilizer, Bitubo Shocks, G-Craft Alloy Swingarm, etc...etc....

TB, would a Honda Chaly be a suitable platform to start a similar project?
In this area of Thailand there are a lot of ignored and abused but plated Honda Chaly project bikes available.......

TB, would a Honda Chaly be a suitable platform to start a similar project?
In this area of Thailand there are a lot of ignored and abused but plated Honda Chaly project bikes available.......

In my opinion, any motorbike can become a custom project bike, use your imagination to either build a cheap rat bike or expensive hi-po custom bike with titanium valves, titanium gears, titanium frame, hollow titanium crank ....etc... your decision and $$$$$ budget... run wild with a custom bike and post pics and build report...

Not the answer to my question but a new perspective to my basic question. Thanks TB and like you I am look forward with interest to hollow titanium crankshafts on a 1200cc engine.

Maybe I will consider to improve performance of my current 250cc Tiger 250RS (M.I.T.) as a project and with moderate means, maybe a better project as it's sitting in my garage anyway......

A few vehicle projects going on right now but slowly moving forward with the mini bike build, installed bar risers and PROTAPER handlebar….

The Ducati MTS-PP has been thoroughly cleaned and washed after the recent China 2015 Summer Road Trip awaiting some preventive maintenance and service.
Here we go with the smaller TB-Racing team bikes as our son is on his last week of school holidays as this is his Z50 Supermoto project bike....

Braking stainless steel brake discs and Nissin brake callipers installed and the wheels checked for clearance.

i-MFh5ztF-L.jpg

i-mXZVnL4-L.jpg

i-NxRgT4K-L.jpg

i-qkm5xP6-L.jpg

i-CNd7hdG-L.jpg

Custom bike builds ~ large or small, nothing goes easy and thats most of the fun anyways...
Once again special stainless steel axle spacers need to be fabricated and installed to eliminate the front wheel speedo drive as we will use a digital multi function unit later on.

i-TB45TJ6-L.jpg

Some more progress and we have a roller (rubber side down ~ shiny side up), still a lot of custom parts fabrication and head scratching ahead but thats all the fun with custom bike builds....

Back
Top Bottom