Tachileik Bike Week 2018

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Eastern Eagles MC will be holding its 3rd bike week on the 14th - 15th of December 2018, always a good turn out and as usual I would expect some kind of mini-tour ride out in Myanmar, will post more info as we have it.

36808749_2094596610753465_2293717461838594048_n.jpg

Steve will post updates as I have them, as yet no further information available.

Will keep you posted as we get closer to the event of documents required.

News as always is a little slow regarding this event, the procedure will likely be the same as the previous meetings, however, a group of proactive Malaysian riders have a Facebook group and offering my up to date information should you wish to join.

So far no mention of any kind of ride out mentioned.

Bike Week

This from the group page.

VIP PACKAGE 1: THB 6000/ SGD 250/ MYR 740

2 NIGHTS HOTEL IN TACHILEIK WITH 2 BREAKFAST PER DAY/PERMIT ENTRY TO TACHILEIK/HALAL WELCOME DINNER ON 14TH/ 2 NIGHTS VIP ENTRANCE TO EVENT/T SHIRT

VIP PACKAGE 2: THB 3000/ SGD 125 / MYR 370 (PILLION AS WELL)

PERMIT ENTRY TO TACHILEIK/HALAL WELCOME DINNER ON 14TH/ 2 NIGHTS VIP ENTRANCE TO EVENT/T SHIRT

Just to update, the closing date for registration is the 30th of November, below is the event programme, a ride out is also planned through to Keng Thung and onwards to the town of Mongla on the Chinese border if you're interested contact Eagles member Snoppy Faye Snoopy

The ride out trip is usually after the festival so i am assuming the morning of the 16th.

If you have not attended before it's a great event and an easy way to get your bike over the border to explore Tachileik.

Exploring Tachileik

Event programme.

14.12.2018 ( Friday)
9:00 to 18:00 - registration, arranging accommodations ( Hotel booking ) , collecting information about the event ( For Bikers only )

19:00 - OPENING CEREMONY
(1)- Ribbon cutting ceremony by local authorities
(2)- Play the National Anthem
(3)- Welcome speech by Deputy Commissioner of Tachileik district
(4)- Advocating rules and regulations of vehicles and roads by Myanmar traffic police

20:00- ENTERTAINMENT TIME by
(1) Shan famous singer SAI HAN LENG
21:00 - MYANMAR songs by famous singers THA O , WAI LA , PHO PYAE and PHYU PHYU KYAW THEIN.
23:00- End of first day activities.

15.12.2018 (Saturday)
LET’S RIDE TOGETHER activity ( Motorcycles CONVOY to Mekong riverbank, new tourist attraction area )
9:00- All bikers coming along with the convoy gathering at the event location ( ShanYoMa arena)
10:00- Convoy starts off
11:00- Arrive at Wan Pon high school located near Mekong riverbank and makes a donation to school.
12:00-Lunch ( by Eastern Eagles)
13:00- Visiting landmark places around.
14:00-Ride back to TACHILEIK
15:00- Arrive ShanYoMa arena.
15:00 to 17:00 - Free & Easy
NOTE: ( Bikers arriving on 15 Dec can registrate , arrange accommodations and collect infos from 9:00 to 17:00 . )
Kick off 3rd TACHILEIK Bike Week
15:00- English country songs by BLACK HAWK band Chiangmai.
19:00- COWBOYS show .
19:30- Myanmar songs by Aeik Htun .
20:00- Shan traditional folk dance ( LAN WON )
20:30-Introducing Motorcycle Clubs & Token Exchange
21:30- Thai famous band BLACK HEAD ( Pu ).
23:00- Heavy Rock by BLACK HAWKS
24:00- End of second day activities and 3rd TACHILEIK Bike Week.

Thai registered bikes can cross at the bridge by showing their green books, the crossing charge is 1000 baht including the bike, from there you can find your own accommodation if you wish.

Big thank you to Eileen Tan for helping to get this information together

Just to update for Thai registered bikes, you may travel independently on the 14th or 15th and book your own accommodation if you wish, the cost to travel the border including your bike is approximately 1,000 baht.

Requirments:

For Thai bike crossing to Myanmar (Tachileik) original documents, but copies of passport picture and visa page and copies of green book.

1. Driver license
2. Motocycle Green book
3. If you are not owner you should have a letter of authority

Layout of the event area.

DAY 1

45171689_1274320732709634_6314113090652733440_n.jpg

DAY 2

45171689_1274320732709634_6314113090652733440_n.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of fun. A pity I couldn't join. Let's hope there will be another one organized once the current shitshow is over and borders hopefully reopen freely.

Does anyone know if pre-Covid, it was possible to take a bike or car in to Tachilek and ride/drive up independently to Kengtung and Monglar without a guide? Or was this only allowed for bike week?

I know access to Tachilek is allowed with your own vehicle (for a week I believe) but there are conflicting reports about whether one is allowed to go further. In July 2018, I was at Mae Sai and asked a Thai customs officer who seemed to suggest I would be allowed to drive my car up to Kengtung as long as I hired a guide for 1000 Baht at the border. Asking a Burmese officer who happened to cross to the Thai side to visit the market, he either didn't understand me due to his poor grasp of English or suggested I come back the next day (seeing it was evening and thus near closing time). Since I didn't have any intention of crossing the border at that time and I was merely making enquiries for a future trip, I didn't quite obtain the answers I was looking for.

I know all of these questions might seem futile given the border is closed and we don't know when it will reopen, but my hunch is the rules will be exactly the same once the border does reopen, as bureaucracy does not change quickly in Myanmar.

It was however somewhat disappointing to learn from my guide I hired on a day trip to Tachilek in early 2014 that Thai cars/motorcycles were banned from traveling independently beyond Tachilek a couple of years earlier, ostensibly so local drivers would get some income (that's what I was told). However, perhaps in the 4 years I hadn't been there, the rules changed again (given what I was told by Thai customs)?

I remember reading somewhere about a 2007 report from a farang who drove his truck in and went all the way to Mong Lar and back independently. Sadly, it seems such reports could no longer be found after around 2010, except in relation to guided tours.

Back
Top Bottom