Suzuki GD110HU-N

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Since some time Suzuki is offering a "different" bike in the Thai market, the GD110HU which I believe is made in China?
The price seems to be around 40K baht, does anyone have experiences to share?
8419b9eed192f1ced7c80bf76c11435d.jpg

Wow all the latest technology there, drum brakes front and rear, spoke wheels with inner tubes plus some dodgy looking tyres.

No thanks

No?? Can't u imagine yourself on those long rides to the fruit market and pack glorious amounts of tomatoes ,onions etc etc on the rack?? :banana:

Wow all the latest technology there, drum brakes front and rear, spoke wheels with inner tubes plus some dodgy looking tyres.

No thanks

Just in case the trip to the market involves 'off-roading', there's a 30,000฿ Enduro Kit too...

image.jpg

Front disc conversion anyone??
Disc_brake.jpg

Last edited:
40K Bike with a 30K kit makes:
GD130.jpg

Last edited:
Colin, the brakes are not bad and I am pretty pleased with it. Just the 4 gears down is a strange experience and it should have a 5th gear.....
RIMG0019mod.jpg

Will make the wait for the Royal Enfield a bit easier......

Just hope the Royal Enfield is on time in January.....
I ordered from the first batch of customer bikes which is arriving end of December.
The first batch is for homologation, which is currently under progress and the second batch for showroom/exhibitions (BKK motor Expo in December).

Mr Brake, may I ask what your final price was, quite interested in getting one.

No problems Mr. marcusb, the final price was 40K baht, they charged 215 baht for a full tank and for the basic + (optional) 3rd party insurance 1400 baht.
Came with a free jacket and helmet el cheapo style, so will give them away but the free lock is OK.

I still had a family issue standing in the shed, a neglected and very tired Honda Wave 100 of 11 years old and a "suspended" license, for which they still gave us a happy 7K baht.

If you need it, I already have the Service Manual in English as a PDF, let me know if you need it via PM......

Well, after riding around downtown Nan for 30 minutes trying to find the Suzuki dealer I learned we do not have one…. bummer.

Ask around in the local scooter shops, thats where I got mine in Thoeng.....

Marcus I could take one with me next time to Nan .... otherwise try the Honda & Vespa dealers in Nan. And near the airport is a shop selling all kinds of new bikes .... they might even sell Suzuki.

Ok, was hoping there was a dealership but still seems doable. Changnoi the shop you mention on elephant corner is probably a good starting place.

And if your really bored some day see how much they are and how available in KK. Postage is cheap.

There are still black and blue ones available here marcusb, let me know if you want one!

I first saw one in a bike shop right beside the entrance to Meechok market. I liked the look of it, kind of like an old Honda CB. The one in the shop was more than 10,000 Baht cheaper than a Honda Click. OK it has a drum brake on the front but at the end of the day it is a proper motorcycle, not a step through or a scooter. I like the sheer simplicity of it; air-cooled, manual clutch, flat seat, kick-start and electric start, no traction control or riding modes and it even has a rack. I saw a black one yesterday at work and it stood out from all the scooters. A Thai guy with his large wife on the back and his kid in front rode off quite happily. I have a Yamaha scooter that we bought from new and I can remember my first ever ride and how disappointed I was with it's handling. Ten years later and I still feel the same and I have never got to grips with it's handling. It is too light at the front and far too responsive to any body movement. If I stand straddling the scooter, hold both brakes on and lean back, I can stand happily with the front wheel in the air. Something must be well out of balance. Anyway, back to the Suzuki. I would like one. It would be a good tool to teach the wife and child how to use a clutch and change gears and I know which bike I would choose to ride to the shops. I looked on Google and was very impressed with the number and variety of customised versions, especially the cafe racers. Good luck with it.

I grew up in the Netherlands, almost born on a BSA, I was still very young when my mum and dad took me to former Yugoslavia on a BSA B33.
At 16 my first moped (limited to 50c.c. and 5 HP) was a Puch, my second was a Honda SS50 where 2 stroke Zundapps and Kreidlers were the norm.
ss50_69.jpg

Not mine, I had a similar one.
Riding the Suzi GD just reminds me of these days :rolleyes:

Thanks Jon, if possible try one for a test drive!

More GD110 mods and models.....
image.jpg

Another disc brake conversion:
GD110_DB.jpg

Chang Noi, tried the Vespa dealer and the chinese seller, no go.

Mr Brake, I found out that Pua and Wiang Sa have Suzuki dealers so will check them out. Thank you for the kind offer.
:)

OK marcusb, happy hunting!
I will be travelling abroad from 13th to 22nd, if you need one from Thoeng only can arrange after the 22nd.

In 2001 I bought a Honda Wave 110, I didn't spring for a front disc brake but got one with an E starter, paid 43,000B.

Had it for nine years, the speedo gave out after 65,000 km but only because the bike was totally submerged in a flood.

The engine didn't burn any oil, all I replaced were the usual parts, tires, brake pads, battery, spark plug.

Sold it in one day for 10K.

I wonder if the Suzuki will hold up like that!

Sure hope so Thump but not sure if I will do 63.000 KM on it :o

Fitted a new exhaust and blinkers, at least it sounds faster.
After first service I will install a "racing" CDI I still had left over from the Tiger project :lol:.

20160123_135658.jpg

20160123_135807.jpg

I will get a small kit to remove the PAIR valve system that injects secondary air in engine, near the the exhaust valve, it is an emission control system.
Most Suzuki's have such a system and it causes the exhaust to backfire often. When it gets here I will make some pictures of the process.

GD110_PAIR.jpg

As promissed todays update on the GD110 project, removal of the PAIR valve and install upgraded CDI.

Here are some views with the system installed (tank removed.):
IMG_20180523_143303.jpg

IMG_20180523_143309.jpg

Inlet flange at the cylinder with all that stuff removed:
IMG_20180523_144913.jpg

Nicely covered with a blind flange:
IMG_20180523_145056.jpg

Connection of vacuum line to carburetor sealed off:
IMG_20180523_150648.jpg

Sealed from inside the airbox with a tight fitting screw (to avoid air intake bypassing the airfilter), can be undone:
IMG_20180523_150708.jpg

Bye bye PAIR system:
IMG_20180523_150753.jpg

The original CDI:
IMG_20180523_150829.jpg

IMG_20180523_151258.jpg

And the Casoli "race" CDI unit:
IMG_20180523_150931.jpg

IMG_20180523_151322.jpg

Test drive tomorrow!

Wauw, this guy just did: "1869 Km from Vietnam to Cambodia and took me 6 days 5 nights with my motorcycle GD 110 HU":

His next trip to Thailand.........

Back
Top Bottom