Suzuki DRZ400SM Review

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
061114-2014-suzuki-dr-z400sm-socalsupermoto-drz-0996-633x388.jpg

2014 Suzuki DR-Z400SM Track Review

"If you're trying to find a tool to slice through inner city congestion look no further, as the punchy little 400 is great for squirting between gaps in traffic, and it's invigorating when pointed down a twisty road."
But ….

(Motorcycle.com)

lookin good! wow I had a DR400 some 25 years ago! tough bike

Bit heavy.. Bit under powered.. Bit dated..

I love mine !!

was one of my first enduro..kind of 'inherited' it from my older bro when he got a new CBR (i guess..) ye was a bit heavy but glorious times ;)

Bit heavy.. Bit under powered.. Bit dated..

I love mine !!

Reliability and decent handling/ performance, every time I ride mine I still really enjoy it.

Myanmar

drz myanmar.jpg

The 400 series seems to have earned the respect of many riders around the world.

The 400 series seems to have earned the respect of many riders around the world.

I find it a bit baffling that a bike with such a cult following, has had so little development..

I mean how hard would it be to take the basic RMX 450Z.. Increase the tank range, ensure it has enough oil capacity for decent service intervals, a useable 6 speed WR box, Put a better projector / HID type lighting on the front and voila.. With the same engine and frame setup they have already got manufacturing for they would have a solid successor to the line. One which would answer nearly every request / upgrade the DRZ needs.

I mean they sure sold enough Dizzys over the years, why the lack of interest in staying current.

I love mine although can't really use it now due to green book issues but that's a story for another thread when I have time,

the same engine was used in the ltz 400 quad I believe but was given fuel injection.

I find it a bit baffling that a bike with such a cult following, has had so little development..

I mean how hard would it be to take the basic RMX 450Z.. Increase the tank range, ensure it has enough oil capacity for decent service intervals, a useable 6 speed WR box, Put a better projector / HID type lighting on the front and voila.. With the same engine and frame setup they have already got manufacturing for they would have a solid successor to the line. One which would answer nearly every request / upgrade the DRZ needs.

I mean they sure sold enough Dizzys over the years, why the lack of interest in staying current.

I still have mine for everyday use.

Someone on Thumpertalk has developed a wide ratio gear set for the DRZ. If you combined that with the BB and stroker, you'd have a pretty versatile dualsport given those mods would address the low cruising speed and overall lack of power of the stock bike.

However, I've now succumbed to the need to own 3 bikes, one for dirt, one for road, and one for around town, so wont be modding the DRZ any more.

I still have mine for everyday use.

Someone on Thumpertalk has developed a wide ratio gear set for the DRZ. If you combined that with the BB and stroker, you'd have a pretty versatile dualsport given those mods would address the low cruising speed and overall lack of power of the stock bike.

However, I've now succumbed to the need to own 3 bikes, one for dirt, one for road, and one for around town, so wont be modding the DRZ any more.

Bill - where is Ted's tricked out DRZ now? Is it for sale?

Back
Top Bottom