Suzuki 2006 DRZ400 SM (48bhp)

Bikes
HD CVO Springer
*Green book - 187,500 baht (incl transfer)
*22xxx km
*New hi flow radiators
*New silicone hoses
*Heavy duty uniline alloy radiator guards
*New IRC tyres & tubes
*Yoko Super 7 rims (21' & 17") plus offroad tyres
*Heavy duty 9A battery plus standard box
*HID headlight
*Alloy reinforced handguards
*New hi flow air filter
*Carby overhauled
*Engine side case protectors
*Aftermarket performance muffler
*Spare temp switch, fan switch, clutch cable & lever if I can find them all

Please no tyre kickers called Ron:kator lonely old men named Jim or David needing someone to talk:topes

085 - 715 - 9477

Attachments

• Suzuki ad1.jpg
    Suzuki ad1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 11,763
What mods to add 50% Hp ?? Surely not air filter and exhaust alone ??

Where is it ?? Someone on my moobaan stopped me and asked me if I wanted to sell mine.. I can try to track him down again.

if I'm not able to track down the bike I'm looking for i will buy this off you. I'm on a job site now and will be back in thailand in about 10 days.

Hi Los

DR-Z 400 SM 2006
Overall Length: 2,235 mm (88.0 in)
Overall Width: 825 mm (32.5 in)
Overall Height: 1,235 mm (48.8 in)
Seat height: 945 mm (37.0 in)
Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in)
Wheelbase: 1,475 mm (58.0 in)
Dry Weight: 119 kg (262 lbs)
Engine type: Water-cooled 398 cc DOHC 1-cylinder, 4 valves. 48 hp (35 kW)/ 9,000 rpm, 41 Nm/ 7,500 rpm.

If they are genuine buyers that would be great THX.
These Are the specs I quoted and while it has not been dynoed it certainly has the grunt they indicate. I would
expect a hi flow filter and exhaust might give 2-4 bhp only.

- - - Updated - - -

Travis: Love to hear from you as well

DR-Z 400 SM 2006
Engine type: Water-cooled 398 cc DOHC 1-cylinder, 4 valves. 48 hp (35 kW)/ 9,000 rpm, 41 Nm/ 7,500 rpm.

If they are genuine buyers that would be great THX.
These Are the specs I quoted and while it has not been dynoed it certainly has the grunt they indicate. I would
expect a hi flow filter and exhaust might give 2-4 bhp only.

- - - Updated - - -

Travis: Love to hear from you as well

Stock, they're ~33hp at the back wheel. I've got an FCRMX39mm carb, Yosh RS2 full system exhaust, 434 big bore kit, and hotcams on mine. With all that its probably low 40's hp at the back wheel according to the eggspurts on thumpertalk.

Maybe the 48hp your quoting is at the crank ?

I very much doubt an SM is 119kg dry weight. Maybe one of the rare kick-start only models would come close.

DR-Z 400 SM 2006

These are the numbers for the E model.

screaming eagle ill give you a call when i get back. if you have already sold the bike post something on your thread. otherwise consider it sold

Stock, they're ~33hp at the back wheel. I've got an FCRMX39mm carb, Yosh RS2 full system exhaust, 434 big bore kit, and hotcams on mine. With all that its probably low 40's hp at the back wheel according to the eggspurts on thumpertalk.

Yeah dunno where those specs come from.. I am same, FCR carby, 434 big bore, 3x3 mod, FMF pipe.. Doubt I am much more than a low 40.. The difference between that and the YZ250 specced at 50hp is huge.

Its about 145 kg wet IIRC.. 135 dry.

Solid enough and easy to own.. Not a roosting enduro bike but can manage a lot.

LOS & Nightrider

The figures were from a web site and quotes the SM. After internet checking more than 20 "specs" pages I can tell you they
are so accurate that I have seen figures quoted from 34.8bhp to 48 bhp, measured where I do not know,
with a quoted weight from 119kG to 138kG and listed as either dry sump or wet sump plus a myriad of other differences.
Without suing the journalist or taking it to a dyno I cannot verify any of the accuracies of the quoted
figures.

If it offends your delicate sensibilities we can forget the posted 48bhp figure as what it boils down to is
that it is an agile, powerful and good all round machine which is enjoyable to ride.
Compared to older 4 -500cc bikes I have owned and ridden this has demonstrated itself to be
superior in most aspects. NOTE: I said that I have ridden

cheers

Suzuki does not list power output on their website but they list the curb weight as 146kg for SM and 144kg for S model.

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - DR-Z400 - 2014 - DRZ400SM

The lighter and more powerful original E model had plastic tank, plastic head light etc. It had higher compression not suited for shitty gasoline.

I got a SM and am very happy with it. Got 78.000km on the clock and still runs good. That is without engine rebuild.

Nightrider

Good to read the positive response. What I gleaned from all the different specs was that from the 2007 model on
the weight seemed to go up and the clearance down by about 1" which seems to echo trends.

Whichever it is I must agree with your Suzuki observations and the comparison with the D trackers weight vs its much lower power plus the same as can be said for Hondas makes the Suzuki an excellent all rounder.

LOS & Nightrider

The figures were from a web site and quotes the SM. After internet checking more than 20 "specs" pages I can tell you they
are so accurate that I have seen figures quoted from 34.8bhp to 48 bhp, measured where I do not know,
with a quoted weight from 119kG to 138kG and listed as either dry sump or wet sump plus a myriad of other differences.
Without suing the journalist or taking it to a dyno I cannot verify any of the accuracies of the quoted
figures.

If it offends your delicate sensibilities we can forget the posted 48bhp figure as what it boils down to is
that it is an agile, powerful and good all round machine which is enjoyable to ride.
Compared to older 4 -500cc bikes I have owned and ridden this has demonstrated itself to be
superior in most aspects. NOTE: I said that I have ridden

cheers

Its hardly our 'delicate sensibilities' but as you made it part of the thread title its fair to assume you knew what the specs really are and where boasting of a well modified one. DRZs are often tuned and a bike with stroker kit and big bore, FCR and hotcams can get close to 50 bhp.

The questioning was only about what mods you had done to get it there. Saying "it certainly has the grunt they indicate" when almost every test puts it low 30s just comes over as silly.

They are solid bikes, almost ideal for rough road touring, but over powered as stock they are not.

Good luck with the sale.. The price isnt bad with a legal green book.. I dont know about others but I dont see any attachments ?? A pic might help it move.

Hi.
My name is Ron and I'm very interested in upgrading my CRF to something like this.
But I won't waste your time in case I'm accused of being a "tyre kicker"!

LoS - You saw the figures I was quoting. They were not made up. You know that there are as many variant figures posted as there are reviews. Pick one for a 2006 model.
Also you can see the picture on the ad with the highlights identifying the bullet points so I don't know what attachments you are looking for? A mirror image maybe? Lots of pics for genuine purchasers. If it does not sell I keep it.

Ron-You sound like the guy who according to an extremely strange sms wanted to meet me at your condo or cottage after walking your dogs by the lake. You made an offer again by sms which I would have discussed with you but you went into hiding after the sms (in the lake may be?). I was scared! My wife would not like me taking moonlit strolls around a lake with a strange man and his dogs before going to his Condo or Cottage.

Cheers everybody I am enjoying the site humour.

Great thread !

@ Screamingeagle - is that chair/swing in the background in working order? is it for sale ??

Ally

*Green book - 187,500 baht (incl transfer)
26822d1392373398t-suzuki-2006-drz400-sm-48bhp-suzuki-ad1.jpg
*22xxx km
*New hi flow radiators
*New silicone hoses
*Heavy duty uniline alloy radiator guards
*New IRC tyres & tubes
*Yoko Super 7 rims (21' & 17") plus offroad tyres
*Heavy duty 9A battery plus standard box
*HID headlight
*Alloy reinforced handguards
*New hi flow air filter
*Carby overhauled
*Engine side case protectors
*Aftermarket performance muffler
*Spare temp switch, fan switch, clutch cable & lever if I can find them all

Please no tyre kickers called Ron:kator lonely old men named Jim or David needing someone to talk:topes

085 - 715 - 9477

Perfect working order but not for sale. They are great but I need it to collapse in after laughing so much. This started out as an ad for a bike but might have to move to the funnies with some of the questions and comments coming in. I had this mental image of some of these guys going to their shrinks asking for a med increase to suppress the frustration they feel because they do not know if it is crank or rear wheel HP being quoted and the wet/dry weight difference between bike reviewers and year models.

Chiang Mai diesel has a similar swing and said his father bought it "down the road" so they are available in Chiang Mai. Somewhere. I did ask him but he was unsure. His father was not available for comment.

Strange others seem to see the pic.. Its not showing for me and have logged out and in again..

Seems a decent enough price with both wheelsets. I would be looking for around that or higher if I was to let mine go. Just had a few days doing fire roads on mine and the DRZ is a solid machine for rough roads, not a light enduro single tracker perhaps but just solid.

Back
Top Bottom