Supermoto Choices

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
If you had a choice, which Supermoto would you go for?

Here's a couple I have in mind:

KTM 690 SMC-R

Gorgeous looking. Maybe a tad on the heavy side. If its anything like the Enduro version, decent service periods

67bhp and 139Kg's

2012-KTM-690SMCR3.jpg

KTM 450 SMR (New for 2012)

bhp unknown, probably around 50 and 111Kg's. The weight saving of 28Kg's compared to the SMC-R makes up for the power difference. Service periods might be a problem though. No lights and stuff for the road.

2012-KTM-450SMR1-small.jpg

depends on what you want it for really johnny. If you are thinking of having something to take to the track then the 450 would be blast, or even for short one day trips around chiang mai. However if you want to do any kind of multi day trips or touring then the 690 would probably be the way to go. 690 might also be good fun round some of the longer tracks aswell though!...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-660-SMC-S ... 500wt_1280

Told my little brother I would get that for him if he wanted it, hes currently in the UK, doesnt have the full uk bike license so the 33 bhp documents helped and it was only 3 - 3.5k GBP.. And he didnt take me up on it..

I know its kick only.. but that sure looks like a lotta fun for 3k ish money..

Seeing as you have the wr450 already, i would have thought the 690 would make a great compliment to the stable?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Bike Talk 15
KTMphil Bike Talk 37
KTMphil Bike Talk 151
Back
Top Bottom