Sumbawa Indonesia. Bridges between Sekongkan and Lunyuk

merantau

Bikes
Kawasaki KLX150, Honda Vario
It's only been possible to ride the south coast to Lunyuk since 2010. The Japanese built the bridges. They must have run out of money because there are still six river crossings. Wet season would likely make the road impassable for days at a time. Would be an adventure to try it in the wet for sure.

DSCN1804[1].jpgCIMG1102.jpgCIMG0783.jpgCIMG0695.jpgCIMG0758.jpgDSCN0645[1].jpgDSCN1832[1].jpgDSCN1831[1].jpgDSCN1821[1].jpgDSCN1810[1].jpgCIMG1104.jpg

Looks like you get a lot done down there merantau. With the ITCZ always so close to where you are, do you get many weeks with no rain at all when you're riding?

Weather pretty stable these last 6 years. Dry as chips from April/May through to Nov/Dec then rains begin. Very heavy at times. You'll be wet through in a minute But it's not high enough to be cold except on the road that runs south to north across the Rinjani massif. It's really perfect riding weather in the middle of the year. Temperature in high 20s low 30s, low humidity, cool breezes.

Weather pretty stable these last 6 years. Dry as chips from April/May through to Nov/Dec then rains begin. Very heavy at times. You'll be wet through in a minute But it's not high enough to be cold except on the road that runs south to north across the Rinjani massif. It's really perfect riding weather in the middle of the year. Temperature in high 20s low 30s, low humidity, cool breezes.

Sounds perfect!

It is as good as it gets I think. It's been a long time since I was in Chiang Mai. Is the German Dairy still there? All I can remember is the GD, a fantastic restaurant nearby run by a woman called Pat, Doi Suthep and some pretty wild times in some Meo villages up in the hills. Chiang Mai was pretty small in 1973. Oh yeah, there was another place called 'The English Pub.' which was a pleasant enough watering hole. BTW this is a great site and will be making sure my biking mates get to know about it. The river crossing site is really something.

Merantau, we'll look after you when you visit.
Lots of changes since 1973!!

Back
Top Bottom