Stallions Scrambler 400

rdrokit

Bikes
Stallions Scrambler 400, Honda AirBlade
Just bought a Stallions Scrambler 400 here in Thailand. Stallions are a product of Stallion Motorcycles Thailand and one of the largest Chinese motorcycle manufacturer Shineray Motorcycles. They are making bikes from 125 to 400cc's. The 400cc motor is based on the Honda XBR engine which was a single cylinder 4 valve engine. The new engine has a Delphi (US brand) fuel injection. Being the engine has 2 exhaust vales there are 2 exhaust ports and hence dual exhaust. The engine makes 29hp measured at the rear wheel and I have already installed a custom exhaust which seems to have increased the power a bit. Unless a motorcycle is assembled by the manufacture in Thailand by Thai personnel there is a large import tax on a bike. I have always like a big single and the retro look. This bike was 1/2 the price of any other 400cc bike at 116,900 baht (about $3,340US). I use to restore and customize cars before I retired and being I will be 70 years young this year I think working on a bike will be much easier. I will keep everyone posted on my mods and review how the bike handles. Here is a photo of when I bought the bike and one with the new exhaust.
View attachment 51356 When I bought the bike.jpgIMGP0050.jpg

Fuel injection on a Chinese bike, that's surprising to hear but very welcome as far as I am concerned

Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-11_06_44-PM.jpgThought I'd post this comparison of engines. Genuine is that they are called in the USA and Mash is what they are called in the UK and Australia.

Hi, rdrokit, I am also interested in this bike. You have had it six months now. Has it proved reliable?
So far I am still loving the bike. Only have done 2000km because I have been in the USA. Had to change the ECU under warranty. I have a friend I ride with and he has over 20,000km on his CT400 with only the same ECU problem. I think the early models built had ECU problems but now I think they are putting the new ECUs on all the new models. Bike runs strong with a top end around 145kph. I think it is the best buy around at 116,000 baht. A lot of bike for the money. I do not think you will be disappointed if you buy one. Go for it you only live once............unless your Buddhist. lol
IMGP0066.jpg

Thanks for replying. I've read about the ECU issue. Hopefully a thing of the past. The bike definitely looks really good value for the money. I have heard of folk who have done pretty big mileages (e.g. 80,000 km) on the smaller Stallions with no problems, so hopefully the engine on the 400 will be alright. A youthful neighbour in Portugal has a Mash 125 (the same things as the Stallions) and he has had his three years with no problems apart from a rusting exhaust and handlebars.

Ride safe.

I think that seems to be the main thing that happens with these kind of bikes, it was the same with the Tiger brand that was here a few years ago. Rust.

The parts used aren't stainless steel or whatever, so the parts all rust.

Look at any of the older Thai Police bike - the Tiger 200 - from when before they got the CBR300, and all the parts are full of rust.

I'm sure you're right. I remember my old Honda CD175 rusted very quickly. Another bike that interests me as a local Chiang Rai runaround is the Suzuki VanVan200.

Saying that, and looking at the pic of the 400, it pretty much all seems to be (powder coated?) black.

Besides the nuts and bolts.

And if they start to rust it's a pretty cheap and easy job to replace them all with stainless steel ones.

Saying that, and looking at the pic of the 400, it pretty much all seems to be (powder coated?) black.

Besides the nuts and bolts.

And if they start to rust it's a pretty cheap and easy job to replace them all with stainless steel ones.

You are correct. Almost no chrome on the bike. Everything is either powder coated or painted.

I watched a Youtube review of the Mash 400 Scrambler that is for sale in Europe. Identical bike, different branding. The reviewer made a point of saying how good the finish is.

I watched a Youtube review of the Mash 400 Scrambler that is for sale in Europe. Identical bike, different branding. The reviewer made a point of saying how good the finish is.
Please post a link to the video as I would like to view it.

I have the same Bike- got 4500K on it and its going strong! Love those pipes! Where do you get them and did they increase the power a bit?

Glad to here you are loving your bike. I had the dealer I bought the bike from make up the pipes. Since I wasn't planning any off roading I didn't need all the ground clearance. Cost of the exhaust was 8000 baht. Quite loud but I like it that way. I figure I get a couple more hp with the new pipes. Post a photo of your bike.

Hey Rodkit hope your well, how is the 400 going man I just picked up this one for 52,000baht 2000km he was getting married and just wanted out of the finance
0F3CCCB2-08A9-4401-B54C-D545512F31B2.jpeg
ED02A231-50C8-4053-91AD-EAE497D98C86.jpeg

I will see if we can rotate them.

OK - they are rotated. This isn't the only forum where I've seen that happen - but I can fix them fairly easily now if it happens.

OK - they are rotated. This isn't the only forum where I've seen that happen - but I can fix them fairly easily now if it happens.
Thanks Big Fella, I am a member of StereoNet and the same thing happens to some of my photos on there too, but like yourself there are good people on that forum who rotate them cheers man

Back
Top Bottom