Stainless Brake Hoses Pattaya

garethw

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
Anyone know where in Pattaya or close ish that makes up stainless brake hoses?

I brought a new KLX 250 and after 1 or 2 rides the front hose is chafing badly on the top retaining ring, which is currently wrapped in several layers of electrical tape as a stop gap. I will take the bike back into the Kawasaki dealer this week and see what they have to say but would prefer to replace with stainless if I can.

I tried to find the same in Chiang Mai a few weeks ago without any luck. I eventually resorted to ordering the bits from Earls Performance UK, they have everything you need and you should receive within a week.

Cheers Johnny I'm heading over to Glasgow in July so can get them ordered and picked up when Im back in the UK. I found a site in the states that does them for $55 plus postage so thats another option and get them sent to work (no import tax in Malaysia), or just get a metre or so of ef-wrap and do that instead.

Hel lines can custom make brake lines and the Westfield guy is a hel agent.l

I have posted his email on here before I think if you have a dig.. Wasn't expensive either really.

LivinLOS said:
Hel lines can custom make brake lines and the Westfield guy is a hel agent.l

I have posted his email on here before I think if you have a dig.. Wasn't expensive either really.

Cheers I have searched and found your links, and just fired him off an email.

taking my Versys to Westfield in Pattaya for some custom made lines. He seems switched on and will redo the complete system to get away from the over the fender method to a T style at the front

Hoghead said:
taking my Versys to Westfield in Pattaya for some custom made lines. He seems switched on and will redo the complete system to get away from the over the fender method to a T style at the front

I'm very interested in how this turns out.

the SS lines are part of a complete front brake re-do for the Versys. While a good all round bike and unquestionably great value for Thailand, the Accounts took charge rather than the Engineers and thereby skimped on suspension and brakes. I have now addressed the suspension by changing the L leg from a pogo stick to an actual working cartridge fork, re-valved the cartridge(s), and fitted a new R-1 shock with custom rate spring.

Brakes are being redone now with 4 piston radial calipers on a custom machined bracket, and a Nissin radial master cylinder. This in conjunction with the SS lines and HH pads should vastly improve the braking and feel through the lever. Rather than buy a kit that uses the stock over the fender feed to the other caliper, I am going to run from the ABS pump to a T under the front triple tree and then to each caliper individually. Since it is ABS I cannot simply run from the MC to each caliper "race style" so this is the best arrangement.
Julian at Westfireld Pattaya assures me that he can do this no problem and I will take the bike down there for custom fitting of the lines at his shop

Back
Top Bottom