Sports Airfields around Chiangmai

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Sports Airfields around Chiangmai

A bit of-topic but during my short trips around Chiangmai I have seen a few airfields and I wonder if there are more which I have not yet seen.

On todays trip to Phratat Doi Wiang I was passing by the Chiangmai Lanna Airport (Coordinates N18.67663 E99.10256) along Rd. 3039 in Ban Rong Kong Khao. This seems to be a active airfield complete with a permanent runway, etc.

IMG_6645.jpg

IMG_6647.jpg

Chiangmai Lanna Airport.jpg

A bit later on my way home I was driving along Rd 1317 and saw at least 10 Para Motor Gliders circling around a temporary field (coordinates N18.73556 E99.08988) along the highway with quite a bit of activity "on the ground".

IMG_6649.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

Temporary airfield for Para Motor Gliders.jpg

There was (is) another one ( coordinates N18.78573 E99.07092) called "Top Gun" along Highway 121 mainly for Model Aircraft, Para Motor Gliders and some ultra-light aircraft but I haven't seen much activity lately there probably because the housing estates are closing in from all sides
Airfield along Rd 121.jpg

North of Rd 118 there is the Balloon Adventure Thailand site (coordinates N18.87496 E99.10948) which is only used for hot air balloons.
Balloon Adventure Thailand.jpg

I am just interested in these things so if anyone knows or has seen other airfields around Chiangmai please post them here.

The lanna strip does really cost effective glider flying I read.. Would love to make the time to get some training in but real life keeps getting in the way.

Back
Top Bottom