slip-ons available in TH?

Thump

Bikes
'14 CBR500R; '13 CRF250M; '14 MXS125; '09 Nouvo 135
I'm looking for a reliable shop in TH which sells and ships slip-ons for a 250cc bike.

It could be a universal, I could get the midpipe done here at a ss shop.

There's a Leo Vince GP Corsa for only $180 on Revzilla which seems to be a good price but shipping would probably double that price.

I guess Yoshi, Akra and TBR will be more expensive.

Does anybody have contact info and tips on which slip-on to choose?

I checked K-speed but they only had a Bizumo full exhaust, does anybody know this brand?

If I remember well Bikecare in Bangkok is dealer for Tsukigi, pretty sure they have slip-on's for a 250 as my Tiger 250 Boxer had one. If you like I can find their address and details?

That would be nice, thanks.

Is Tsukigi a Thai brand? It sounds Japanese, but that doesn't mean much.

I'm looking for a quality slip-on, I got a Leo Vince on my CBR500R which I like, I heard that they're not too expensive, I don't want to spend 10K for a Akrapovic or whatever they cost (27K for a CB500 full system!).

Then again I don't want a Thai made one for 3,000 baht which sounds like a tin can and starts to rust in half a year...

A friend got a Yoshi slip-on for his CB500F from K-speed for about 6,000B, that sounds like a good deal to me, but they don't have any for a CRF250L/M.

That's the company, I will PM you name and e-mail of the manager, he speaks English very well.
Tsukigi is Japanese and has a factory (or JV?) in Thailand.

Cool!

How much was the slip-on for your Tiger and how did it hold up?

I've seen some Tsukigi slip-ons for CBR250 and KLX250 on the net for 2,500 to 3,800 baht, just what I was looking for.

Tsukigi seems to be Japanese, I wonder if the cheap ones are made in Thailand. http://www.tsukigi.com/aboutus_history.htm

Some well-known brand products seem to be copied here, like the Yoshi slip-on for 6,000 baht.

Anything 'branded' for @5k Bht is a Thai copy. I went to the fab shop in CM that makes them when I had mine 'gutted' which apart from being heavier is the best thing to do. Much more power and torque but still sounds nice. Don't get a big bore downpipe, kills all torque.

Right, gnasher, that's what I figured - you get what you pay for it!

Question is: How good are the copies? The Yoshi I saw looked great, but so do Chinese bikes in the showroom. ;)

Are they made on the cheap, don't sound right and start rusting or changing color after a few thousand km?

Or are they well done, close to the real thing, just cheaper because no import tax?

Got a reply from Bikecare, albeit a negative one:

"Dear Sir

We are no longer carry Tsukigi products due to they no-longer are approved by TISI. Sorry for the inconvenient.

Best Regards,

Pariya Manomaiphibul
Bikecare International Co., Ltd"

Hi again.
I have the 'Yosi-whatever' for sale, if you are interested PM me. Here is a pic of it fitted. Looks nice. Very pretty welding!
T. 23112013033.jpg

Yes, that's a beautiful stainless steel full system!

The foam seat should be more comfortable as the stock one, I suppose...

How much did u pay, how long have you had it, how much do u want for it?

Does it still look like that or is that a pic when it was new?

I just had the valves adjusted on my '13 CRF250M (big inspection at 28,000km), Pirelli Diablo Rosso installed, a chain and sprocket set is due, also had a great one month holiday riding 3,000+ km (mostly on my CBR500R) - I'm not sure if I can afford a full system now!

Hi again.
The system is virtually as new as I hated it and took it off as soon as I had the original 'gutted'. (Never was any good at a sales pitch!)
It cost 6k but would sell for 4k as I can't see me ever fitting it again.
The gutted original went straight through the Laos border control without the 'sound police' even batting an eyelid.

Hi again-again.

'patnjen' pm'd me for the location so here it is for general info - if they are still there, I went a couple of years ago.

Screenshot (1).jpg

The Soi is opposite a wood yard.

Back
Top Bottom