Single Track Heaven - Chiang Mai Thailand – Doi Suthep - Enduro ride with the Red Lions.

EndoJim

Bikes
Ducati Multistrada, FE450, CRF300
The group met up at my shop and left around 8:30am. (CRF300, KLX150, 2-KLX140 and a smartass on a KLX110)
:)

The Red Lion crew is a great group of talented Thai riders with outstanding trail etiquette and an extensive knowledge of the local trails. Bee on the KLX110 actually loaned his tricked out KLX140 to his friend so he could join us. Great dude

Honestly, I was disappointed to see him pull up on the little bike, as it was my turn to lead the ride. I had planned to take them up Bamboo, down LMS and then down Makkanin through Ob khan but this would have surely swamped the little 110. Have to say in the end Bee went everywhere wanted to go. Granted he beat the hell out of himself and the bike. Pretty impressive actually…

IMG_5606.JPG

About a quarter of the way up Bamboo

IMG_5609.JPG
IMG_5612.JPG

KLX110
IMG_5614a_Moment.jpg

IMG_5614_Moment.jpg
IMG_5614a_Moment.jpg

Friendly Down Hill mountain bikers on a couple sweet machines

IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG

We stopped at Doi Pui for a bowl of soup and a little Hydration.

IMG_5889.JPG

On top of the world (Suthep) just before descending down to the big toe.

IMG_5618.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

Three friendly Thai lady trekkers.

IMG_5631a.jpg

IMG_5632.JPG

Nice, those little 110's are in many ways perfect especially if your vertically challenged :dirtbike:

Continued...

IMG_5667.PNG

Headed down the back side of Suthep.

111.jpg

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

The trails were in was great condition
IMG_5661.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

Action shot nearing the 1269

IMG_5657.PNG

Great day out with a great crew.

IMG_5653.JPG

And this is what happens when you show up on a KLX110... In the Doghouse with Moto you go :)

IMG_5887.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the GPX Jim.

Hey. How can I get in contact with this team. I'm visiting Thailand and I'm dying to add dirt biking to my riding skills. Can anyone help me out? Ride with me? Teach me some basics? Suggest anyone who just loves to ride?

Hey. How can I get in contact with this team. I'm visiting Thailand and I'm dying to add dirt biking to my riding skills. Can anyone help me out? Ride with me? Teach me some basics? Suggest anyone who just loves to ride?

Hi welcome to RA. My place “Moto Bistro” is in Hang Dong and your definitely welcome to come by and talk bike and possibly come riding with us. You can find us on google maps and Facebook, open 5pm to midnight. If your in Chiang Mai city a good place to check out would be Riders Corner.

Jim

Hi welcome to RA. My place “Moto Bistro” is in Hang Dong and your definitely welcome to come by and talk bike and possibly come riding with us. You can find us on google maps and Facebook, open 5pm to midnight. If your in Chiang Mai city a good place to check out would be Riders Corner.

Jim
Thank u. I will be back in Chiang mai Tuesday afternoon. I will be coming by! Thanks so much for ur reply.

Jim
Do you guys have anything planned for Tuesday and Wednesday? Its my last two days in Thailand and all my plans to go dirt bike riding with people failed!! I tried to go out yesterday on my own and ended up somewhere deep in the first alone and had some troubles, it was crazy but I got myself out eventually.
I was really hoping to learn some skills on the dirt bike, so if there is anyone willing to help me or ride with me or anything these last two days PLEASE HOOK ME UP!!

Back
Top Bottom