singapore to sweden for breast cancer

Doctor Phil

hello all

thought i should get this out now that the date's drawing near and it seems increasingly likely that we are actually going to go.

mike hartman and i are going to take a longish ride from singapore to sweden from march to july 2014. the actual itinerary and some of the developments in our prep phase are available in the links below. being of the generation that can remember computers without a mouse, all this social media stuff is pretty new to us, so please understand that a lot of it is actually done by children. meaning my kids.

we're doing this primarily to increase asian breast cancer awareness. this usually means holding fairs and lectures and the like to increase breast cancer awareness using the novelty of the ride as a means of getting air time. but we also want to increase asian breast cancer awareness in a different way. we want to tell people what it's like to be a breast cancer patient in asia. what many don't realise is that there are now more breast cancers in Asia than in western countries and the incidence is rising dramatically. there are far more deaths from breast cancer in asia that in the west because of late presentation. it's not quite the topic one sees on a bike forum but we are convinced what Asian women need is not so much another hard science publication, but some real answers why women come so late. and what can get them to come earlier and have far better results

in any case i thought i should start this thread for whatever help i can get, and also to share some experience in the preparation for this thing so that others may have an easier time of it. it goes without saying that we will be passing through thailand and three days in chiangmai that i am really looking forward to. hopefully meet some of you and have a grand time before moving ahead

phil

The Long Ride 2014: Singapore to Sweden (for breast cancer research)

https://www.facebook.com/LongRideSS

Attachments

• events 078.jpg
    events 078.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 202
Back
Top Bottom