Silly Season Over - Locals "farang'd" out? Chiang Mai fed up..... or full up?

MartinThai

Bikes
'97 H-D Electra Glide, '91 H-D FXRS, '96 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
Silly Season Over - Locals "farang'd" out? Chiang Mai fed up..... or full up?

Well that was a bit of a change this morning..... mostly unhappy locals wherever I went, particularly the miserable wench at Pop motorcycle hire, and a couple of petrol pump attendants...... all of 'em using that much detested word "falang" in a derogatory way..... bloody hell, am I back in Pattaya? Maybe it's always like this come the end of Jan and into Feb/March..... the locals maybe just had one daft customer too many and they're glad high season is over? In fact the only person working with a big smile on his face was Long at the fabrication place down by Airport Plaza..... and he's banged out with work!

Anyway..... reason behind this post is far more worrying than a couple of stroppy locals who maybe don't get laid as much as they should.... at the Immigration Police I handed over my paperwork for a couple of Letters of Residence to be told "Sorry Mister, full up." "What do you mean full up?" I asked, and was told "too many Letter of Residence application, Chiang Mai now full up!" I managed to wangle my applications in by telling her she'd actually told me to come back this week as her boss was away last week (they only have 1 officer eligable to sign off on a L of R?) and she remembered, so she did actually accept my applications but....... maybe as a warning to anyone else needing one in the near future, it might be worth looking at another Immigration office. Where's the nearest? Lampang? Chiang Rai? I really don't know what "Full up" might actually mean because, as we all know...... This Is Thailand! :lol:

Gossip: the gorgeous Grape at Richy's Harley gaff was knocked over by a 4 wheeler recently and broke her wing and needs comforting...... she's absolutely lapping up the symphathy!! ;)

I think only your local Immigration office is supposed to give you a L of R... That's what they told me in CM after I'd moved to CR. But, T.I.T. and, I've noticed on a few occasions, Imm staff try to be a P.I.T.A. at times.

That is a bit worrying.....It's interesting that if you have a Thai work permit you don't need the letter of residency to register a vehicle in your name.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Another good reason to get a yellow book, no more letters required.

Guess it is not something to worry about too much. Full up probably meant that they had a lot of people asking for the LoR that they could not handle anymore on this day (just speculating though). The time limit of the Myanmar people to register has been extended (initial deadline was 31 December) but as far as I know no new deadline has been given. As they all need this LoR and Imigration has only one person who prepares all the LoR they just might be "snowed under".

I had this same thing happen a few months ago. I sent the gf the following morning with the same paperwork and had the LoR that afternoon. I think (as mentioned above) they just get to a point where the workload becomes excessive and they (rightly so) can't be bothered to take any more.

That is a bit worrying.....It's interesting that if you have a Thai work permit you don't need the letter of residency to register a vehicle in your name.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Or if you get the yellow house book.

As others are saying.. They probably meant 'full up' for that days apps.. I have seen them drowning in work in that little office. Stacked for the day by 10 or 11 am..

Also the online appointment booking system (a must for annuals IMO) is booked out solid for a few months.. Always put your appointment in a long way in advance.

Also the online appointment booking system (a must for annuals IMO) is booked out solid for a few months.. Always put your appointment in a long way in advance.
They have changed it a bit - before you could make an appointment well in advance - I normally made an appointment the moment I had gotten my extension for another year. Now you can only make an appointment 100 days in advance so have to keep myself reminding not to forget to make an appointment once it is 100 days before my visa expires.

Martin its not only Prattaya , its Thai big city mentality ,,, And full up means , ''give me a gift'' in local dialect then they will be your best friend for a while.,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grathiam General Discussion 0
Back
Top Bottom