Samui to Chaing Mai - The return Journey Part 7

LED Kev

Bikes
Kawa Er6n & KLX 250
]h2.JPG[/attachment:gt14ednz]

The park has only a few guesthouses and restaurants and they all seem to be next to use. The positive side was that we did not have to walk far after parking the bikes for the night, to find some good food and beer.

The next morning we headed off to Ayutthaya to checkout some more temples. We kept on the small roads as much as possible, but eventually had to ride on the bigger boring ones. The ride down was fairly uneventfully, apart from a irate policeman who tried to flag us down. Fortunately for me, I did not see him, but later advised Allan that if an angry policeman is trying to stop you because you’re speeding it is probably best “not to see him”!

We pulled into the elephant riding station in the center of the old town. i.JPGThis is a great place to take photos as you guaranteed to see lots of elephants all decked out. After a few photos we head out to Wat Lokayasutha for a chilled coconut. j.JPGWhilst we were rehydrating, we meet a very friendly Thai who had load of knives and would have loved us to buy some. (He has a friend at the airport that gives me the knives that get confiscated – and he had a few).k.JPG Then it was a spot of lunch served by a lovely girl another walk rounds some more templesn.JPGm.JPGo.JPGl.JPG and we headed off to Bangkok.

We decided to keep off all the main roads so road back along the side of the klongs and the smallest streets we could find. 326.JPGThis took us down small lanes, dirt tracks and across railway tracks – it is amazing where a GPS can route you. All was well until we entered downtown Bangkok were the traffic just became a solid mess. Luckily for me I just missed being hit by an idiot in a pickup. After a lot of yelling and horn blowing she managed to miss me and hit Alan instead - shit happens! Luckily I was only a minor hit and we made to our final detestation around 6 . r.JPGs.JPG

What a great two days of riding!

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 196.JPG
    196.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 391
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 408
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 412
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 425
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 436
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 416
  • g.JPG
    g.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 415
  • h.JPG
    h.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 425
  • h2.JPG
    h2.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 386
Glad you both made it safe to Bangkok, i always forget to change from fastest route setting on my gps & it keeps trying to put me up on the elevated tollways..

I must get down to Sukothai and get some photo's, this ones ones great

file.php

Back
Top Bottom