Royal Enfield available in Thailand end of 2015?

Just got an update from Bangkok, the 500cc red/chrome Classic I ordered will arrive end of December, will be ready for delivery after New Year holidays.
motor4_red_big.jpg

Thanks CraigBKK, think these are the homologation bikes!
The red/chrome one is similar to the one I ordered.....

A really good looking bike.
Price??

Not sure yet, aiming between 250K to 300K for the Classic, 300K to 350K for the Continental GT.
Price will be known during the launch at the Bangkok Moto Expo 2nd-13th of December 2015, booth H05!
As said the customer deliveries start 1st week of January 2016.

Spotted today, a red Royal Enfield Continental GT in Bangkok Thonglor area!
Thonglor_Conti_GT.jpg

Here is a useful list of general spares should anybody decide to buy a classic.

12319365_10153421957463925_569107707_n.jpg

Enfield Motorcycles have moved into the old Ducati shop in Thonglor. The first bikes appeared this week, these are demo models moved from the Motor show at Muangthong Thani. Bikes will be available for sale February 2016.

IMG_2360-2-XL.jpg

IMG_2361-2-XL.jpg

IMG_2359-2-XL.jpg

Thanks for the pictures CRFMike! Actually the bikes you see in the shop are the homologation bikes, I believe the bikes for the showroom are still in transit.
I will check with the RE guys to see when they plan to open the showroom/shop.

As it stands the showroom in Thonglor will open in January for the public. Plan is to do a grand opening mid February....
First customer deliveries seem to be delayed because of the Chennai floods, now first customer bikes (including mine) are scheduled for delivery early March.

Apart from me, are there any other foreigners in Thailand who have bought or intend to buy a Royal Enfield?
Would be nice to organize some trips together (once they get delivered that is.....)?!

I would guess about 3 months from date of ordering, unless they have an order canceled.

Latest update, my bike will arrive in Thailand port on the 28th of Feb and will be cleared for customs, finished all paperwork and will be ready for collection from the 20th of March at RE's Bangkok showroom.

On Facebook there is a new price list with reduced prices and a remark that all deliveries will be against the reduced prices!
Continental GT 219,800 Baht.
Classic Chrome 198,800 Baht.
Classic 500 189,800 Baht.
Bullet 179,800 Baht.
As soon as I have a official confirmation from RE Thonglor I will post that here.

Confirmed, later today it will be officially announced by RE Thonglor.

A Cosy (Kozi) sidecar from India, costs about 1.000 US $ including shipment to Bangkok, curious what the duties will be....
Royal_Enfield_with_sidecar_024.jpg

The total costs for such a sidecar would be around US$ 2000......

We were contacted by RE Bangkok, our Classic will be ready for collection from the 11th of March! :)

Just got an update from Bangkok, the 500cc red/chrome Classic I ordered will arrive end of December, will be ready for delivery after New Year holidays.
motor4_red_big.jpg
Is it available on finance Marcel?
If so where can I purchase one

Jimbobs, I am told it is available for finance for foreigners provided you have a workpermit or a certificate of residence.
There is only 1 RE distributor in Thailand so far and they are in Bangkok.

Here are the prices:
Updated_prices.jpg

Royal Enfield's official agent in Thailand is:
General Auto Supply Co. Ltd.
842 Soi Sukhumvit 55 (Thonglor)
Klongton Nua, Wattana,
Bangkok 10110
Phone 02-381 8811
E-mail: info@royalenfieldthonglor.com

Unfortunately I cannot take delivery of my RE these days, so there is one happy guy on the waiting list.....

According to most reports, the Himalayan pricing with be announced tomorrow, 16th March. I've contacted a few Indian dealers already. Had a number of different replies including the no reply, the 'you need a work permit and residency' reply and the 'yes you can buy a bike to ride around India' reply.

If prices are close to approximations (90K THB) I'll probably order one and go at the beginning of July to buy it if everything works out. Let's see.

Craig, its easier to register a new motorcycle in India in an Indian citizens name and then with tea money transfer into your name as a second hand motorcycle.

According to most reports, the Himalayan pricing with be announced tomorrow, 16th March. I've contacted a few Indian dealers already. Had a number of different replies including the no reply, the 'you need a work permit and residency' reply and the 'yes you can buy a bike to ride around India' reply.

If prices are close to approximations (90K THB) I'll probably order one and go at the beginning of July to buy it if everything works out. Let's see.

You may want to think about this first, talk of new foreign vehicle restrictions coming in Thailand.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/15/end-road-thailand-tightens-rules-foreign-tourist-vehicles

Yes I read this earlier today. No plans to bring the bike here. Idea is to keep it for regular trip around Northern India.

Think I'll be going the route of having the bike transferred into my name via the NOC (No Obligation Certificate). Either through the dealer or a student of mine. I have students with family homes in both Delhi and Chandigarh.

You may want to think about this first, talk of new foreign vehicle restrictions coming in Thailand.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/15/end-road-thailand-tightens-rules-foreign-tourist-vehicles

As a wild guess, the waiting list in India will be about 9 months, so you may find export will be faster than domestic supply.......

As a wild guess, the waiting list in India will be about 9 months, so you may find export will be faster than domestic supply.......

Dealer said he will contact me once the prices are released, that's when he will begin to take orders. If the waiting list is long I'll go over in December. Hopefully July though, I should know soon if prices are in fact released tomorrow.

Unfortunately I cannot take delivery of my RE these days, so there is one happy guy on the waiting list.....
The RE I had ordered was available mid March but I have postponed taking delivery, so that RE went to a happy guy on the waiting list.
I postponed the order till August but as it stands now I will very likely cancel the purchase contract for health reasons.

The 2018 models Stealth Black and Gun Grey have a different rear fork compared to the other 2018 Classic and Bullet models.
This fork houses the rear disc brake system (other Bullet and Classic models have a drum brake) and it allows for easier chain adjustment.
The Stealth Black is all blacked out, including a black painted engine, the Gun Grey has the normal polished engine.

The Bobber models are modified in Thailand and I believe available in limited numbers.
24129814_1707125562651856_1420410228728609316_n.jpg

Current pricelist for RE's in Thailand:
RE2018.png

Never saw the Himalayan model in Thailand. Has it been and is it for sale there?

Yes, they are. I am not sure if the RE dealer in Chiang Mai has them in the showroom.
But from the Bangkok main RE dealer in Thonglor they are available.

From the Bangkok Motorshow 2018:
29351942_1836961993001545_171334699813020943_o.jpg

29351959_1836962569668154_185674543666513245_o.jpg

I was at the Chiang Mai dealer in october/november last year and they didnt have it there at that time. But good to know that its available from BKK at least. Thanks for information....:giving:

I was at the Chiang Mai dealer in october/november last year and they didnt have it there at that time.
That would have been roughly when the Himalayan first came to Thailand, so I guess that time only in Bangkok.
Last time I was in Chiang Mai I found the RE staff there unhelpful, not allowed to even sit on the sidecar version I HAD my eye on........

The Stealth Black is all blacked out, including a black painted engine, the Gun Grey has the normal polished engine.
I am seeing reports of the new Stealth Black engine coating coming off already, easily chipped by gravel and seems not too heat resistant??

Back
Top Bottom